1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Ever Needs Help With X3 Go Here.....

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by theridges, Aug 17, 2006.

1. theridges

theridges Guest

I have seen a lot of people confused on how to flash/Install the X3 so i have put together Some things for the People who need help flashing the chip and have also put the link for the X3.pdf direct from Team-Xecuter for people who are to lazy to look for it....
    (This is Copied Directly from the PDF and i Take No Responsibility for Writing This Copright -Tehsoul)Link to PDF is at the bottom of the page.

Before you rush out to install applications
    There’s some things you need to know about the X3(CE) modchip and its functionality
    First of all… The boot modes
    [​IMG]

I’m not sure if I should give you any additional information, since the picture is quite self-explanatory.
    The only things you need to remember are:
    · SHORT PUSH: chip enabled
    · LONG PUSH: chip disabled (boots to M$ Dash, use this for Xbox Live usage)
    · PUSH BOTH BUTTONS: boot to a backup Flashbios, in case you ever screw up,to reflash the bios..

When you got the X3CE in your mailbox, it was preflashed with Flashbios. The following is a quote from
    the flashbios tutorial found at http://www.teamxecuter.com/flashbios/ (read this for more in-detail info):
    Bottom line, you need to flash your X3CE bios with a hacked bios if you want to play backups/run
    unsigned code like homebrew applications and games.
    Your X3CE modchip has 2MB of main flash memory to hold the bios
    (a typical X3 bios is 1MB, so you can fit two of them if you want).
    If you use an external switch to control your bios banks, print this out and pin it above your bed:
    256k Bank
    Bank 1: on on on on
    Bank 2: off on on on
    Bank 3: on off on on
    Bank 4: off off on on
    Bank 5: on on off on
    Bank 6: off on off on
    Bank 7: on off off on
    Bank 8: off off off on
    512k Bank
    Bank 12: on on on off
    Bank 34: off on on off
    Bank 56: on off on off
    Bank 78: off off on off
    1MB Bank
    Bank 1234: on on off off
    (Set to this when flashing
    first time with FlashBIOS)
    Bank 5678: off on off off
    2MB Bank
    Bank 12345678: off off off
    off"
    ‘But wait’, you might think. ‘My switch has 5 dipswitches, not 4!’. Correct sir! The fifth (lowest) switch
    is for flash protection. If that switch is enabled, you won’t be able to flash to your bios memory.
    Pretty neat, eh? Foolproof all the way baby.
    Anyway, if you succeeded at flashing the bios (I recommend the http flashing, it’s a breeze), here’s some
    applications for the xbox that are definitely worth looking at:
    · Xbox Media Center (or XBMC): very popular media player. Plays just about ehm, everything.
    · Avalaunch: Easy to use and versatile “dashboard” (launcher).
    · Dvd2xbox: Application to backup your games to the hard disk drive.
    · XLink Kai: Tunneling software, makes you able to play systemlink games over the web!
    · Any emulator: there are tons of emulators for the Xbox platform
    (ranging from ancient Atari 2800, NES to MAME, Nintendo64 or even Playstation1)

http://teamxecuter.entryhost.com/x3ce.pdf
    *Dont ask me For Bios's Go To Xbins here is a tutorial on how to connect to Xbins*
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/368866
    How to connect to #Xbins Tutorial -*With Pics*-

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2006
  2. noobz

noobz Guest

i did the quick press with my xecuter and it still shows me the service sign. please help me load it to the modchip. the modchip is alwys red and i cant get it to go blue.

3. theridges

theridges Guest

make sure the flash protect on the chip itself is off...that might be the problem....

4. noobz

noobz Guest

can that mess up my xbox's flash

5. theridges

theridges Guest

well even team-xecuter says turn that off and use the external switch so i guess ya....

6. noobz

noobz Guest

it has a error 05 on the left top.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

your HD is unlocked just load up AID 3.0 and lock it back....and make sure your booting with a Quick press so you enable the chip...because the X3 bios should overwrite Error 5..

8. noobz

noobz Guest

sorry for triple posting . i am new so it you could walk me through the whole thing it would be very helpful. can u give me some links from where i can download these stuff. one more i do a quick press still no loading up the chip i think i do have a executer 3. thanks bro

9. noobz

noobz Guest

sorry for triple posting . i am new so it you could walk me through the whole thing it would be very helpful. can u give me some links from where i can download these stuff. one more i do a quick press still no loading up the chip i think i do have a executer 3. thanks bro

10. theridges

theridges Guest

make sure the chip light is on.....your chip isnt booting for some odd reason...

11. noobz

noobz Guest

i know that's why i am asking if you can help me load it.

12. theridges

theridges Guest

i dont know why your chip isnt booting right the only thing i could think is that the D0 wire isnt hooked up right..

13. reaper117

reaper117 Member

hey on a random note my is doing the same thing and i have desoldered it and re soldered it with less solder and i have my D0 cable installed and well i need to know if i can desoldered it and use a solderless adapter.....

14. theridges

theridges Guest

yes u can desolder it and use the solderless adapter but make sure all the solder is removed....

15. reaper117

reaper117 Member

thanks for that info i am now buying me a solderless adapter!!! ^_^

16. help12345

help12345 Guest

do u think u cld walk me through on how to lock my hd. and i also forgot to plug on controller ports 3 and 4. if u cld help me with that

17. theridges

theridges Guest

lol yea,
    first go download Aid 3.0 or search config magic on google.....
    ifyou get AID 3.0 and burn it on dvd config magic is in the tools section just open it and lock the hd...
    if you download the program by itself just just ftp it to the xbox and open it up....its a very simple problem...what chip do u have exactly???
    and i have no clue about the contrller ports.

18. annjee

annjee Member

Alright, I could really use a lil help here. I have a new hard drive locked with the wrong hd key and I don't know how to discard that key and start fresh. SO I bought a X3 ce and a soderless adapter. I got that in there and thought it was working cause I can get to the x3 bios screen. I flashed it by disc with x3-3294. It turned off on it's own and when I turned it back on it acts like it's trying to start three times and then I get FRAG.

Your help is appreciated.

19. theridges

theridges Guest

What Xbox Do you have???
    make sure your switches are on the right settings to flash the bios to bank one.....
    to re-flash thechip press the eject and power buttons at the same time to reflash :)

20. annjee

annjee Member

Thanks for the reply. Instead I used the chips built in bios program to lock the hard drive. Then I soft modded it and took the chip out. Works perfectly!