1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Ever Needs Help With X3 Go Here.....

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by theridges, Aug 17, 2006.

1. theridges

theridges Guest

whatever works for you :)

2. Sisarius

Sisarius Member

i just installed the ce chip no problem and i tried to install the hacked bios and followed the instructions to a "T" bfrom xbox-modchips.com but now after i flashed and then turn it back on the xbox turns on and off three times and the remains on flashing red and green, please help

3. theridges

theridges Guest

what version xbox do you have and what bios did you try to put on there?
    the newest bios is the 3294+ but you have to make sure its the right version for your xbox...

4. Sisarius

Sisarius Member

i have three different kind 1.0's and a 1.1 we are trying it on a 1.1 right now and then getting the error, also i can switch the banks and the chip boots up fine. i even tried to unsolder and then resolder. and same thing, O and with the X3CE chip can you load any flash bios or just the X3 flashbios, Thanks I really appreciate it

5. theridges

theridges Guest

to reflash the bios, press the power and eject button at the same time...and the flash bios is the only option to reflash the bios.....click my name to download the bios pack make sure you use the 3294+ not the one for the 1.6....

6. Sisarius

Sisarius Member

i downloaded the pack, do i have to change it to .bin format to put on a cd, cause i cannot ftp it yet i am using cd method and do i have to have a dummy file with it, and if so what size dummy file

7. theridges

theridges Guest

when you download the pack extract the 3294+ and it will have a ready to burn Image file should be around 300mb just put it on CD

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2007
  8. Ulti

Ulti Member

I installed Xecuter 3CE (pinheader method) in my Xbox v1.4/1.5 today. Booting up from the modchip causes the Xbox to reboot twice and then flash red and green. Bank Select is set to on-on-off-off-off as recommended. Bank Select light remains red (indicating the modchip is off) but the LEDs on the chip itself (two blue--voltage indicators--and one green--lock indicator) are on. Booting up with chip disabled works--it takes me to the MS dashboard.

Could there be any problem besides bad soldering? I've checked all soldered connections.

Thanks in advance!

9. theridges

theridges Guest

Nope Definately a frag on the MB which is probably a bad solder....

10. brandonks

brandonks Member

I was flashing some bios on one of my banks, every thing seemed fine at first, then the xbox turned off, (im guessing it's supposed to do that) Then I turned it back on, then it would turn on and off 3 times, then it would blink the x-mas lights on the ejecter button. When I tried booting the xbox without the chip active, the xbox would give me an error code 5. My brother thought he could fix it, but he really had no clue what to do, He just screwed it up more. He made it so that all the other 3 banks wouldnt work. I tried doing the pressing the 2 buttons to get me to the 516k thing, but it didnt quite work.

11. theridges

theridges Guest

if the chip is on and you press the eject and power button at the same time to power up the console it will go to the back-up flash bios screen
    go and download the 3294+ Bios from my member page burn the image to cd with nero(right click open with nero) and put it into the xbox make sure the switches are like this
    1-on
    2-on
    3-off
    4-off
    and re-flash the bios....

12. brandonks

brandonks Member

I tried it. I downloaded the program you recommended onto a disc, I did everything, I added a dumby file, i renamed one default.xbe, I used craxition to make it readable. But my xbox wont read it. I even tried flashing it through http. Still wont work. I just dont know what else to do. this has happened for some other bios i tried to put on my console also. I have a question, i swithced the discs i was using to burn the bios on and now it reads, but it says "no bios found, halting....", what does it mean and how can i fix it?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  13. theridges

theridges Guest

you dont have to add an XBE file...
    and the dummy file is already in the ISO that you download
    here is the link to the bios
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/aphyyv

Step 1
    Download Bios from that link

Step 2
    Extract Bios Image

Step 3
    Right click image file and choose open with nero

Step 4
    Burn image file at 24x Speed

Step 5
    Finished

i made a video on exactly how to do it,i put it in fast forward but you can see exactly what i did.....
    http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=b209d1a8adbc664b6e530772d26e4605

14. brandonks

brandonks Member

Does it always have to be nero? Can I use like roxio or some other program like nero?

EDIT
    I looked at the video, it was kinda small so I had a hard time following it. Also, the reason why I want to know if I can use like Roxio, is because,I dont really want to go through the trouble of buying nero, unless I dont actually have to pay for it. Not only that, but I had downloaded nero 7 demo, which took me around 9 hours to setup for installation. After I finished the installation, I opened nero burning rom, and it said my demo had expired. I checked to see when it expired, and it said it expired in 1969. I was'nt even born yet in 1969!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  15. theridges

theridges Guest

16. brandonks

brandonks Member

ok.... but my main problem right now is getting my internet to flash my xbox through http. I cant get it to work. not even with the disc. I downloaded the x3294 onto a disc without the dummy file and without renaming the file default.xbe. Still- no success. I then found a link to download what i beleive is the proper bios for my version xbox, I downloaded x3294 v16. And still yet... no success.It keeps telling me that "no bios updates found, halting....". I know this means that something's wrong with how i made the disc. I just cant find out what. I followed all the guides instructions nearly perfectly (besides the fact that the guides were flashing evox). In other words, It wont work.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  17. brandonks

brandonks Member

I need new help. I finally got my xbox to flash. After its done flashing it turns off (supposed to). I then quickly turn it back on; it frags.

18. theridges

theridges Guest

what version xbox do you have?

19. brandonks

brandonks Member

I beleive it to be 1.6. I havent had the liberty of checking it. But even if it is, I still cant find the problem. I tried flashing it x3 3294, and x3 3294 v16 plus. Still no success.

20. theridges

theridges Guest

probably a connection error on one of the solder points...