1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Ever Needs Help With X3 Go Here.....

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by theridges, Aug 17, 2006.

1. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

soory to repost before a reply. i guess the easiest way to ask is HOW do I create a proper dvd for aid v. 10 and for xbmx ?? could you direct me to a tutorial ?? i am sorry if i upset you so many question at one time

thanks you for your help

2. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hello,
    not sure if i did something wrong. i downloaded the AID v 4.10 . i then extracted the file to a new folder on the desktop. afterward i took the iso of the AID V4.10 and burned it to both a dvd + rw disk and a dvd-r disk. i then put it in the dvd tray of the xbox. i removed the factory 10 gig hard drive and attached the 120 gig hardrive to the xbox.

neither disk worked. i burned both with imgBurn.

please help :(

is their a tutorial to up grade the existing factory hardrive to a larger 120 gig harddrive. with a person having an xecuter 3ce ship with x3294 bios installed . i have no other dashboard on the xbox except for the x3294 and the original factory dashboard.

i have seen other tutorials for upgrading but i do not have an ftp available for some reason and the explanations on many tuts about backing up on the section 2 with finding system utilities does not exist on the x3294 that i know of.

3. theridges

theridges Guest

make sure when you turn the console on your holding the power button so you turn on the chip aswell...
    also i dont know of a tutorial for burning AID but i will see what i can do.
    Xbmc either needs to get ftp'd or copied off of the disc and it isnt an iso its just a folder with files.

4. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hi

when i put the iso disk in the dvd player of the xbox and boot with the new harf drive i get an error code of nine from the bios . the drive was formatted back to zeros. that is with the chip enabled.

i would love to ftp, but i think i have an issue becaue i am networked wirless in the home. ihave usb wireless adapters. idisabled then and tried to attach the ethernet and search my pc in command prmpt with ipcnfig iget no ip address. what do i do if i am setup wireless amd want to ftp wit ethernet to xbox????

5. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hi,
    i just got my ftp to work. i connected it to my router and then i was able to access it wireless . funny thing though . it is asking me to upload to the xbox . do i need a different program that can access and transfer between the two??. also what is a cross over cable . i read some where that i need it for something but don't remember. at this point how would i be able to transfer the info to the new hard drive ?? i connected it to my computer but i think that becausue is used the western digital utility program it wiped out the drive to zeros. how do i get the computer to recognize it again??

i feel like i am almost their !!!! just a few more obstrqacles and i am home free lol :) :) i feel like i am 8 again lol . the things you can do with an xbox are incredible . why would microsoft not just allow this and ask for a small price in exchange ??? makes no sense to me

please help sir !! :)

6. theridges

theridges Guest

the xbox gave you that error code because you wiped the hardrive you need to re-format the drive to NTFS...
    just hook it up to the computer,go to my computer right click it and click format...

if it does not show up in my computer which it might not you will need to use another program like paragon partition magic to format it or maybe that Western Digital program will also format it...

7. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hey thanx
    ill try to reformat with the western digital utility or the program you specified. my computer does not recognize the new hardrive as you said. afterward do i ftp with craxtion the xbmc ?? is their a specific way i need to ftp or once it is transferred will the xbox know how tow tonfigure abd modify thw files once it is tranaferred?

what is a program i need to copy a game and movie to the 120 gig harddrive. will it know what to do once i ftp the files???

8. theridges

theridges Guest

use flashfxp to ftp to the xbox....
    but first we need to get that HD workin before we talk about ftp....
    one thing at a time my friend..

9. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

i have been looking for a program to format the harddrive to ntfs . i have a copy of my windows xp pro . can xp pro format to ntfs?? or might you know of a program that can format to the ntfs format ?

thank you for your help

10. theridges

theridges Guest

i use paragon partition manager to reformat my drives...

11. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hi, my son picked up the xbox at an angle from the media center i have at about a 90 degree and dropped it. now the xbox frags 50 percent of the time. what do you think in your profesional oppinion think it could be ??

i am thinking that maybe to do wires came loose in the soldering but not sure if that assumption could be correct and wanted to ask if u knew.

12. theridges

theridges Guest

yea the connections probably became loose or are touching each other...

13. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hey i was thinking since i have a 120 gig hard rive, what is the largest si1 hard drive you can put safely into an xbox without causing any system damage or overheating like fan problems ?

14. theridges

theridges Guest

i have heard of people going up to 750GB without any problems...

15. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hey thx,
    ill keep that in mind if i fill this this drive up. i gave up on the AID V4 . i got the ftp to work and i transferred the "C" and "E" drive to the computer . i also transferred the "ADMIN" and "D" folder/ drive. i am not sure what to do at this point. the 120 gig drive is formatted to NTFS and is now recognized by the computer so at least the format worked. i also fixed the :do" connection and it works like a champ.

i am confused on how to get the hard drives swapped out . please help

i read tuts on it but it confused me like " a dear in the headlights "

16. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

17. theridges

theridges Guest

it might be the hard drive...
    its is a normal IDE HD correct..
    hook it up to a pc and check if it works on there...

18. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

i at first used the western digital utility to zero the entire drive , and then used windows to format the drive to make it work under "NTFS" .
    i then tried to use it with the xbox but with the evox boot cd and the AID 4 it did not work. so i then used the "xboxhdprepa" software to re wipe the drive and try using the AID V4 and the Evox boot cd . Neither way worked , but when i used the original xbox hard drive it would boot the cd.

just wondering why it works with the original and not the 120gig hd.

what can i do to make it work ?? lol .

19. theridges

theridges Guest

i have no clue...
    if you have an X3 with the 3294+ bios then its should boot the aid 4 and prompt you to format the HD..
    i have did it multiple times....
    what does it do when you boot with the large HD..
    do you get an error message?
    or does the dvd not boot at all?

20. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

when i boot with the larger hard drive i get the error code of 9 . when i boot with the normal stock hd drive it boots from the cd. could the hard drive not be compatible or did i not create a good boot cd ??