1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Ever Needs Help With X3 Go Here.....

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by theridges, Aug 17, 2006.

1. theridges

theridges Guest

yea error code 9 is an harddrive error...
    so its probably just the HD

2. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

Hi,

was wondering a couple things, hopeu can help out. Thanks for the help so far.
    (1)is my hardrive not compatible for xbox??
    (2) did i create a bad boot cd ( the Evox boot CD with stock hard drive).
    (3) i used a xbox prep utility to zero out entire drive, should i use paragon partion manager to format hard drive??
    (4) how do i know or find out if my hard drive is compatible with an xbox??
    (5) how can i find a TUT on the AIDv 4.10, not sure if i burned a correct copy for the zeroed hard drive.
    (6) how do i know if my hard drive is not compatible.
    (7) when i put thw evox boot cd and the 120 gig drive the xbox FRAGs about a second after it turns on and goes to erroe code 9 after thw xbox dash.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  3. theridges

theridges Guest

1.i think its compatible as long as its and IDE HD its most likely compatible.
    2.i dunno never used an evox cd i also use the AID Disc burned onto a dvd..
    3.yea try paragon if you need it send me a pm.
    4.its compatable and since you have an X3 u have nothing to worry about.
    5.i will send you a link to the AID i use you can download it and burn
    it :)
    6.dont worry about it
    7.its doing this because the xbox dont really read Cd's...only dvd's
    and since the hd isnt formated correct i think thats a problem aswell..

4. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hello,

i just formatted with the paragon partition manager. i did not choose a drive letter i.e. "D" . i s their a specific way to format the drive? i kept it as one large partitioned drive.

after that i put it in the xbox and tried to boot from the dvd and it frags like before . can you walk me through the steps to properly set up a formatted drive with paragon?? i know i choose ntfs but maybe the other options i choose are causing the problem or the version of the AID not sure yet.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  5. theridges

theridges Guest

make sure the HD has the jumper on master....
    i just format my drive to ntsc and then boot them with AID....
    i dont really know what the problem is....
    can you take a screenshot of the AID ISO you are burning...

6. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

sure ill take a pic of as many screen shots i can to show what i am doing. can u also send me a link to the AID you currently use ??

7. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

how do i send screen shots of the pics i took ?? i am not sure how to send on the site. i click add image but nothing come up to browse with.

8. theridges

theridges Guest

upload to imgshack.us or photobucket..
    photobucket.com is a good site

9. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hi, i uploaded to the photobucket.com . how can i make it so you can view it ?? my userid is oluvinu2001@yahoo.com don't know if oit helps . i have never used the service before .

thank you for the help so far.

10. theridges

theridges Guest

it gives you an URL..
    just paste it in here :)

11. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

12. theridges

theridges Guest

from what i see as long as you burn that to DVD with imgburn then the xbox should boot it up...

13. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

Hello,

i finally got the new drive to work..... i had to use a jumper from the old hard drive. i thought the one it had was the one set to master but it was a molded one that set it to cable select slave.

the link is to the new hard drive bios info page.

now can i ftp the xbmc ?? or do i need to do more??

what programs do you find personally to be the best for copying xbox or any other game system game and movie dvd to the xbox ?? and what do u think are good emulators for game consoles... ie nes super nes ??

new hard drive bios info screen
    http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff18/oluvinu/workingnewhardrivebiosinfoscreen.jpg

thank you so much for your help and patience . you have pushed me leaps and bounds to what i have begun to understand in a short time that could have taken ahem....... years :(

P.S. i noticed on the A.I.D. v4.10 installer their were options for emulators and other programs. Does all of the programs needed come on the disk already ? i did not want to try and install anything that might cause a problem since i got this far.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  14. theridges

theridges Guest

i would install the unleashx Dashboard off of the AID Disc...

Now on to FTP..do you have a router?

15. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

ok ill do that , and yes i have a router. i have ftp'd before when i connected to the router.

so i install the unleash and then the xbmc ?? or does the unleash have everything packed into one program ?

16. theridges

theridges Guest

no unleashX is just my dashboard of choice...from there we will set-up ftp....
    and install XBMC and anything else that you want...

17. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

ok i installed to the E drive . not ssure if the right one but it had more than 1 gig unlike the "c" drive which had .49gb

when i boot up the xbox the new dash is not seen nor is the application i installed to the "e" drive.

does the xbox boot off of the "c" drive to show the current dashbard i sent in the pic from post before ??

When i install things for the future , what drive "c,e or F" do i generally install applications to ??

not sure how it works when it comes to the installation of programs

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  18. theridges

theridges Guest

you have to configure it in the X3 to look for the Dashboards in your E Drive....

19. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

how do you configure the X3 to look for the dashboards and application programs i installed on the "E" drive???

now that i installed the 120 gb harddrive do i need to increase my fan power from 20 percent to something higher ?? if so might you know by how much since the new drive is 12 times the size of the original ??

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  20. theridges

theridges Guest

its probably in settings if not there then just look around i dont have an Xbox with an X3 anymore i have a 2.6 so i cant just go look it up...