1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Ever Needs Help With X3 Go Here.....

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by theridges, Aug 17, 2006.

1. xDMaY

xDMaY Member

HI it's been a little while since i first posted asking for help, but i'm having problems again. If you do not recall I tried to install my x3 with an xapt3r 1.6. But the thing sucked after I found out how impossible the thing was to get working. So...fast forward...today I solderred my x3 in and thought I did a dam good job of it to...until I finally turned it to test it, no video, no sound, and it starts green light, then blinks off, then green, blinks off, goes green, then frags. any ideas, pls lemme know. By the way my x3 external control thing doesnt light up, not sure if related. Also, long / short press foesn't matter; same result. Thanks for any help.

2. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

does it make a difference as to which of the 3 drives i install applicationa nd dashboards to ?? i.e. c, d, or e drives

and you prob guessed i am still trying to boot to the unleash dash

1- now i get an error code of 16 when i use the xbox without the modchip eneabled.

2- i can't seem to get the modchip to work now , it frags.

3- is it from the error code 16 cuasing problems with the modchip ??

4- could it be bad soldering ??

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  3. theridges

theridges Guest

@oluvinu
    with the latest xecuter bios it should overwrite that error....
    i dont know whats going on with it....

@the other dude
    sounds like a bad solder job too me...

4. xDMaY

xDMaY Member

fixed a couple solder points, only 1st led lights up, boots to standard dash with no problems, cant get it to boot to chip.

5. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

thanks for the info, i re-soldered everything and i had a problem with the "do" wire . if i can't use that spot anymore where the do wire is for the v1.2 is their another option for me to bypass that spot by soldering to another area on the board ??

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  6. theridges

theridges Guest

7. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hi, the alternate is the one they show in all the tutorials i have seen. from the pic it says the primary is on top of the motherboard but difficult to do. The board on the pic is different than the one i have . mine is a v1.2 not sure of the board on pic. do you think at this pint i a screwed or can the situation be fixed by another point ?? the one on top of the motherboard is difficult since the pic is not for that board.

can the flashing yellow and green be fixed?? i was thinking of using the desolder and with the slodering iron carefully trying to suck all the execss up from around the board. not sure if it works , thought to ask first.

What is the wheel on the x3 ce modchip for ?? it swivals around left and right but i don't know if by moving it before that i may have made it not
    work??

i tried to resolder the do wire on the xbox motherboard and now it turns off and on 2 times yeallow and green and the third time it goes red and green not sure. i have been looking at another xbox motherboard off ebay or another place. should i look for another motherboard at this time you think??

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  8. theridges

theridges Guest

the wheel is nothing its only if you have an LCD for the xbox....

and yea i dunno if there is another alternate i will look for it for you....i would recommend buying a desoldering wick and removing all the soldering and trying again...

9. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hello,

i am back again trying to mod the xbox . i have had great sucess at modding the 360 and finding alot of the games with iextreme firmware and all that good stuff. only thing is the xbox baffles me lol

my question is i had to dump the old motherboard and replaced it with a new one and am using my old hard drive. i got an error code 6 and it says it can not unlock the hard drive. can the x3 chip override this feature and if so how ?

10. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

just had a thought to the last post , does it not override the hd drive and all that because of the do wire i have soldered ?? did i make a mistke in the do wire and if i fix it will it get passed the error code 6 ?

11. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hello, i have resolderd the do wire after the last post i left and the chip boot up and turns of 3 times and frags. can that be from the do wire solder or from the fact that the harddrive is locked with error code 6 ?

12. medialuvr

medialuvr Member

So first off, I love that this site is running on coldfusion. :)

Ok so I recently got an Xecuter 3CE chip, and installed with soldering. Now I am by no means a soldering expert but I'm reasonably good with the iron. So I installed the chip, and now I when I power it on with the chip seated, the machine like tries to power up three times and then the eject button flashes RED/GREEN/RED/GREEN continuously but I get NO VIDEO at all, nada, bubkiss.

However, if I unseat the chip, the xbox powers up normally and I see the splash screen. This is either an xbox 1.4 or 1.5 (FOCUS chip).

Here is a photo of the bottom of the motherboard where you can see the D0 solder and also the solders on the pin header: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2217/2198087469_aa15a668f0_b.jpg

Here is the HDD lead:
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2155/2198086707_1dc8bc0e49_b.jpg

and the LAN lead:
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2016/2198876954_4919e11c9c_b.jpg

I just want this thing working, you wouldn't BELIEVE how long I had to wait for the chip to come in the mail...