1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has an iPod???

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NeoLance, Feb 4, 2005.

1. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Well i just got an iPod mini recently and was wondering who else had the iPod mini or any other kind of iPod. And also where do u download your songs from (legally). And also i have a question. From itunes, how do u name your tracks??? Like i imported songs onto my iPod from my own cd's, but they are named track 1 and track 2 (based on the number they are in the CD). I want to name them like whatever i want in my playlist. Please help. Thanks in advance.

2. bigben11

bigben11 Member

Well, for downlaoding my songs, I use bearshare......Its the best in my opinion......well after you go and download your songs or load up your cd.....save them to a specfic folder......then.....the songs you downloaded should show up on your ipod as the name of the song.......with the folder you put your cd containts into, reanme each tract to what you want it to be called on your ipod. Then connect your ipod to you pc and transfer the songs onto it from the folder...I do not have an Ipod but my friend does and thats how he does it......lemme know if I helped........(well I tried).......Hope it works out!

3. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

legally means you usually gotta pay for them, and they are restricted (dunno if you can put them on your iPod or not) I have an iPod, I copied my cousins CDs as he has over 300, that legal, as you can share music with friends (relatives etc.). If you want to go the "bad" route, whole CDs that you *own* can be downloaded for BACKUP purposes via IRC (WHOLE albums, usually very quickly) for single MP3's i would go with Ares lite. Just my opinion.

Peace,
    Pop Smith

P.S. Ares has NavHelper which is adware (i believe) so, if you go that route, install SpyBot S&D and Ad-Aware to get rid of it. Ares still works after you uninstall NavHelper.

EDITED by Pop_Smith for spelling errors, lol

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Anyone know how to get a free iPod?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I hear there's great deals out there, Neph. If only people here would post info...

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

also, I an a hardcore anti apple person, so no ipod for me, I don't care how many people have them or how many gigabytes they hold. I have much better things to spend my money on, like a $39 mp3 CD player. not as fancy, but gets the job done.

7. dimples42

dimples42 Guest

I cant believe how much these things hold, I've bought an ipod 20 gig 4th gen. Its got all of my cd's and now I'm downloading tonnes of music. The site i use is allofmp3.com. It's a russian site that you have to pre-pay, a certain amount of dollars, $5, or $10 or $15 etc etc- its up to you. You can then download whole albums or individual songs, listen to complete samples etc etc.

The best thing about it, though is that the downloads cost $0.02/mb so depending on the quality, things are very cheap. An average album costs me about $1.30 dollars. Also for i-pod users, any song that you download you can specify to be in the mpeg 4 - aac format, i.e. the same as ipod.

I've downloaded about 40+ albums so far no problems, and excellent quality.

I hope this helped or if you've found a better site let me know. As far as I know because you're paying for it it's all legal. There's a disclaimer on the site but honestly, who reads them!

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

just because you are paying for it doesn't mean it is legal. check the top thread 400,000 posts . in it is a post from a guy looking for sites to download movies & such to make money. needless to say he is inactive

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  9. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

I got my iPod for free from my sister (her grandfather is practically rich) but it costed her $260. I think im gonna stick to itunes so i dont get into any trouble, even though the songs cost 99 cents each.

10. dimples42

dimples42 Guest

honestly NeoLance, allofmp3.com is the way forward, as ddp says, it's perfectly legal and you get almost 13x the music for your money compared to i-tunes. I use I tunes as a plyer and organiser but for music allofmp3.com.

11. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Alright... ill probably go by that site later....

12. ddp

dimples42, read what i posted above as i did not mention it was legal

13. dimples42

dimples42 Guest

sorry ddp, didn't mean to muddy your name; suppose i should go and read they're disclaimer then...

14. dimples42

dimples42 Guest

OK then it is legal:

All the materials in the MediaServices projects are available for distribution through Internet according to license # LS-3М-05-03 of the Russian Multimedia and Internet Society. Under the license terms, MediaServices pays license fees for all the materials subject to the Law of the Russian Federation "On Copyright and Related Rights". All the materials are available solely for personal use and must not be used for further distribution, resale or broadcasting.

15. ddp

might be an good idea & see if sanctioned with movie/music industries as possibility as might be russian mob controlled & illegal

16. dimples42

dimples42 Guest

oh dear, I'm not going to have the spetsnatz banging down my door am I...

You're full of good/bad ideas, never mind, the music quality is good, I've got a chain lock for my door what can they do?

By the way, do you know how I could check wether this site is legal or not, I dont think I could sleep at night if not.

17. ddp

what i am saying is that site might be illegal & that you are paying them money when they might have got free & illegal. your the one who has to judge what to do as your money not mine

18. dimples42

dimples42 Guest

Ok. Thanks for the advice, i'll look into it. Was trying to sound facetious or anything. I just think its a pretty good site and you popped my bubble a little.

19. ddp

20. dimples42

dimples42 Guest

thanks interesting reviews, I guess I should have used pay pal though. Oh well you live and learn.