1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's better i pod or Iriver

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by Argg, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Argg

Argg Regular member

Lyra Is the Best. RCA Lyra.

2. B2D327

B2D327 Regular member

alot of support for iriver development, ease of use, price and features are what sold me on getting an iriver. There's also a program called "rockbox" that adds more compatability for different video and audio file types as well as a gameboy emulator. It's also not as much of a hassle to change the battery when the time comes.

3. HipN

HipN Regular member

Iiver, better navigation and its just ebtter. THe only eason Ipod sells is because its made by Apple, and Apple is a huge compamny and its one of those big brand names.

4. Argg

Argg Regular member

Lrya is better becasue they hold more music for less money. For Example. My MP3 Audio/Video player that holds 20 gigs and plays WAV, AVI, MPEG, and shows JPEG and GIF cost $200. If I river had that it would be $399.

And lyra, Unlike I pod, Gives all the asscessories with the player.

Cool headpone

Carrying case

Audio Cables (so you can connect it to you T.V, and RECORD T.V. TO YOU PLAYER!)

Tape Deck Adapter

Lots of other stuff too.

5. B2D327

B2D327 Regular member

H320 and H340 but Rockbox is also being/been developed for other mp3 players

PS: my personal experience with rca products has been less than stellar but I've also heard good things about the Lyra

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  6. rav009

rav009 Active member

yeh the irivers are good but i prefere ipod, if you want one just buy it online as i have hardly ever seen any shops that sell irivers in england jjssj.

7. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

iPod's are slightly better quality and performance than the iRivers :)

8. rav009

rav009 Active member

yeh but thye have less features, like ipods cant have game boy emulators and some irivers can.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  9. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

But was the iPod made to play games? no.

10. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

If you were to put in this thread what is better: PSP vs iPod? I'd go for the PSP.

11. rav009

rav009 Active member

id probaly go for the psp also, much for features and you can get i 4gb memeory sticks and maybe even more powerful ones so they can store alot of music too.

they are also cheaper.

12. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

I just got one for Christmas and I think its great :) Has much more features than the iPod's.

13. blackipod

blackipod Member

First of all the question is which one is better iRiver or iPod? I will simply answer this question iPod is the answer whoever considers music as a big part of their life will say the same. I don't know why any of you mentioned the PSP it's not a MP3 player let alone close to an iPod or iRiver stick to the subject people. The iPod is sorta crappy on the battery part but overall performance is what really matters in the end! From: A 13 year old

14. rav009

rav009 Active member

ok will some one who knows quiet alot about theese two mp3s please discuss the pros and cons and witch one is overall the better.

15. B2D327

B2D327 Regular member

What I don't like about ipod and why I gave mine to my daughter:

Battery- pain in the ass to change when the time comes

interface- I can't stand itunes and think it's counter productive to need a seperate program in order to download and play your songs

price- $200 for a 2Gb nano? That's $100 per GB

What I like about my Iriver:

Battery- other models have been tested after removing the stock battery (22 hrs) and given improved battery life (25+ hrs)

interface- drag and drop your music and compatible video files and that's it; no need for another program. Plays multi codecs (mp3, ogg, wav) and firmwares are upgraded regularly with new features added and simple to install.

price- H320 was $235 w/ 20Gb hdd comes to $11.75 per gig of space.

FEATURES- built in radio tuner, recording from either the built in mic or line in jack, line out jack to plug directly into any stereo system with an aux input= non-stop music for hours from your stereo, did I mention it plays video? did I also mention a gameboy emulator?

16. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

iPod = Fashion Symbol

17. rav009

rav009 Active member

so what is good about the ipod,every says its great and even though i am starting to like the iriver alot more its a hastle to get my hands on as not many shops in coventry sell them, please tell me whats good about the ipod as ill probaly have to end up buying it.

18. blackipod

blackipod Member

The iPod is a good multimedia system but as everyone says it's under the cateorgory Portable MP3 Player but all in all is when you buy the iPod make sure you buy a case that's all you need and then ur set!!

19. rav009

rav009 Active member

thats good to hear, ill just go ahead and buy that then

20. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

The iPod is hastily judged by those who diminish it as a fad, or a fashion accessory. It is a tidy piece of kit. Granted, it has it's faults, iPod + iTunes has given a whole new dimension into the way I can organize my music, noteably 'Smart' playisting..