1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't any CD-R be read by my Jukebox?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Dave_, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Dave_

Dave_ Member

Hi!

"Pressed" CD's play perfectly, even those in very bad shape from the previous Jukebox owner (scratches, fingerprints, etc.).

Burned CD-R's barely play track 1 (the inner-most track), with lots of skipping and stuttering, and then it stops. For tracks higher than 1, the reader just "hangs", until I hit "Cancel" on the Jukebox.

{Edited for brevity}

Suggestions and opinions are *most welcome*. Thx!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  2. Paula_X

Paula_X Guest

some cd players just don't like cd-r disks.. but before anything else.. try burning a GOOD QUALITY disk (gigatain are the best I have ever found.. and I used to burn music on a commercial scale..) (not memosux trash) in a REAL cd burner at 16x.. not a dvd burner... but the chances are.. if EVERY burned disk you have tried does the same thing it's the player not the disks or burner..

you seem a bit thick to me as you haven't tried burning a disk on a different (friends or whatever) computer or trying a different player.. some hope really.. grow a brain please and at least try to understand there are methods to determine which part of the process or link in the chain is at fault.. and you could have easily worked out for yourself where your "process" (or serious lack thereof) is failing instead of wasting yours and our time.

have a nice weekend.. try them in another player (everybody has more than one cd player) and if they work 100% in that then it's the device you are attempting to play them in that is at fault.. and chances are.. a new laser will not help matters as a lot of older drives will not read cd-r disks.. or are deliberately firmware restricted from doing so (especially commercial entertainment machines like jukeboxes btw.. to stop "commercial" piracy)

3. Dave_

Dave_ Member

Thank you Paula.

{Edited for brevity}

The problem ultimately is an old laser pickup, that when adjusted, can read CD-R's. It will have to be replaced some time in the future, but it's working now.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  4. rylai17

rylai17 Member

Try using high quality CD-R's like Taiyo Yuden CDRs, they are very good choice.

5. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Gigatain is brand manufactured in Europe by ODS. "Memosux trash" can be CMC, Ritek, or Prodisc CD-Rs, all of which are excellent discs and identical to what Verbatim, TDK, HP, Philips, and many others offer since those three Taiwanese factories produce most of the world's optical discs. Taiyo Yuden is manufactured in Japan, and their products are the most consistent discs available. They use an azo-cyanine dye that they developed themselves that performs best at lower speeds than the phthalocyanine dye used by most other manufacturers. The recommendation to record at 16X is fine for Taiyo Yuden, but it is on the low side for most of the CD-Rs in the market that use phthalocyanine tuned for 52X recording. Those discs tend to show better results at 24-32X rather than 16X.