1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why cant i copy cds anymore?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Pontius, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

when i try to copy a cd with easy cd creator 4 about half way through coping it freezes my computer.I tryed alcohol 120% and the screen turned blue and it says dumping physical memory or something.
    maybe i have a virus because

computer is unuseually slow
    search companian wont work it says that a file is missing.
    a black box comes up when i turn on the computer and it gets to the desktop saying save now system 32.

i ran norton full system scan and found nothing.
    what is wrong.Help

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'd say to uninstall Easy CD Creator and try using Alcohol again but it sounds like your problem may be bigger than just that.

3. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

would formatting the hard drive help?
    how do i do this?

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Did uninstalling Easy CD Creator help or are you still getting freezes and blue screens?

If you're willing to reformat and do a fresh install it'll take care of software conflicts but, to be safe, I'd suggest adding your programs one or two at a time creating a new restore point with each addition and testing them for a bit so you can roll back if you run into conflicts. If you choose this route I would highly suggest NOT installing Easy CD Creator again because it is notorious for conflicting with other burning software. Go with either RecordNow DX or Nero 6 - both are worth every penny.

What OS are you running?

5. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

Im running windows XP.and yes i reinstalled easy cd creator 5 and it still didnt work.so how do i reformat the hard drive.