1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Can't I watch Widescreen?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by sjmcc, Oct 21, 2007.

1. sjmcc

sjmcc Guest

Hi there,
    I just bought a heap of stuff for my room, an LCD TV, a HDTV Set-Top Box and an Xbox 360. The TV is a 32" Viewsonic model N3240WB and the set-top box is LG LST-6100P. While the reception on my tv is very good, I can't watch it in widescreen. I am currently connecting my set-top box via the Pr, Pb Y connection, but I am having an HDMI cable shipped to me now? Is it just the current way of connection that is not allowing me to watch widescreen? I know the TV works as I have played my 360 in full widescreen and I have triple-checked that my set-top box configuration is in 16:9. Can anyone suggest anything?
    Thanks

2. david66

david66 Regular member

all program material is not widescreen HDMI cable will not change anything in order to see HD you need HD service from your cable or satellite provider

3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

or a over the air rooftop antenna to get a free HD signal

4. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

convert it to ws then

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Simple indoor rabbit ears will pick up a local HD signal. And even local broadcasts are not always in HD on HD channels. The viewing technology is far ahead of broadcast and cable technology in supplying HD content.

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

plus the picture quality is better with a rooftop antenna compared to cable/sat ,no compression