1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why capture in a high res with virtual dub??

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by badboy187, Nov 9, 2003.

1. badboy187

badboy187 Member

i cant capture in a high res using virtual dub and can only capture in 320 240. This is really annoying as i have fast computer and cant see any reason why i cant i want to be able to capture in 640 480. I know my comp is capable of this as i can capture in 640 480 fine fly video 2000 my tv card software but really wanna capture in virtual dub.any ideas cheers

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

The Problem is Probably because Virtual dub needs VFW Drivers to capture , and your Card Probably uses WDM Drivers, The Way Virtual Dub tries to fix this is it use a VFW/WDM Wrapper that sort of Tries to Fool V-Dub into thinking that your Drivers are VFW But it doesn"t allways work Especially with Proprietary Drivers that Come with Most Capture Cards...If your Card Use a BT8*8 Decoder chip then you can install Genaric drivers called "BTWinCap" Drivers which will have a Better chance of working with Virtual Dub...You might be better off useing something like "Virtual VCR" to Capture cuz it is a WDM Capture Program and it has a Lot of the Same Features as V-Dub and some that are even better and it is Freeware...Cheers