1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did you choose HD DVD over Blu-ray?

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by HDextreme, Aug 24, 2007.

1. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Any reference to this announcement? I'm contemplating on the HD-A30.

cheezzzz

2. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

I didn't choose betweeb HD DVD and Blu-ray. Eight months ago I got both a Toshiba A20 and a Sony PS3 to watch Hi Def DVDs in either format on the 1080p TV. Since I got a Vizio TV instead of a Sony, the money I "saved" went to buy the players. Then I ran an ethernet cable from the cable modem router to entertainment center in another room. With 5 port switch, both players have wired internet connections to update firmware, which it seems like I do about every other week.

This isn't a Beta-max vs VHS format war - both HD DVD and Blu-ray formats will be coexisting for the foreseeable future. So I decided to just opt out of the whole "waiting" game. Besides, both players upscale SD DVDs really nicely to 1080p.

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Well a friend has both, although the Blu-Ray is a PS3. Navigating to the movie is much easier and more intuitive on his Toshiba HD. Being pretty much anti-Sony anyway I'll opt for HD DVD.

4. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

I found the optional Bluetooth PS3 DVD Blu-ray player remote much more intuitive and easier to use than the the Toshiba A20 HD-DVD player remote. Toshiba needs to go to Ergonomics school.

For example, the Toshiba remote "pause" button is small, located mixed in with other buttons, and worse, directly above the "back-one-chapter" button. I frequently go back one chapter instead of pausing. The PS3 remote, however, has a large "pause" button isolated on the bottom - real hard to hit the wrong button.

Sounds stupid, but the ergonomics of the remote is a big selling point issue with me for any electronic device.

5. stk_006

stk_006 Guest

i didn't i swear im innocent

i dont really know the diffrence