1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why do i get mov files in my bin ? i need help with this mess

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by julienhi, Jan 6, 2005.

1. julienhi

julienhi Member

im used to burning my files that i get in my bin cues with isobuster by extracting the mpeg but now , im in trouble i had a bunch or rars that i extracted i got a bin and a cue, but when i look at whats inside the bin i have an inf file a folder that says video and inside the folder is a ton of quicktime files HELP! can anyone tell me how to put this mess on a dvd?? oh yes there is an EXE file in the as well? i am lost please someone out there help me out

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Run VCDGear, choose cue/bin --> mpeg (dat --> mpeg if you already extracted AVSEQ01.DAT from it) and go.
    If you 'mount' the image, AVSEQ01.DAT is in the \MPEGAV directory of the VCD.
    Similar for a SVCD, but the 'riff file' is called AVSEQ01.MPG and is located in the MPEG2 directory.
    Last, if the movie comes from a (S)VCD, avoid doing a DVD. Its resolotion won't be better than a (S)VCD.
    To make (S)VCD read the 'sticky' threads.

3. julienhi

julienhi Member

there is 1 bin and 1 cue, when i looked in the cue and bin with isobuster these exact files ( there was no mpeg file?appear.autorun.inf ,disc.exe ,keycd1.txt,pc1.ico , and finally 1 folder named VIDEO in this folder there are 2 more folders named INIT and PO1 and PO2 each folder has about 30 mov files i looked at a few and they are each a piece of the video, should i simply use alcohol and put the cue and burn it to CD ? i know its a dvd but is there a way to just put it on a dvd to watch on tv?

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If it's a DVD image you can only burn it on a DVD, not a CD.
    Otherwise...try to 'mount' the image with Alcohol 120% and try to extract the movie+the right sound (if it founds all) with Smartripper... There's a good guide for that (DVD --> MPG) in the 'guides' section.
    Just tell Smartripper your DVD drive is E: , not D: .
    The problem is that the cue/bin doesn't even seem a DVD image ...how big is it? < 800 MB or 4.5 GB? It seems a sort of program which auto-installs on your PC (autorun.inf, PC.ico ...). If so, simply burn it on a CD-RW and see what happens (but careful! Is that program safe?).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005