1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do my ISOs (which are movies) skip and often stop when playing them on a home DVD Player ?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by cdelgado, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdelgado

cdelgado Member

am trying to back up my DVDs which are movies I bought. They are new too, such as Shreak 3, Live Free Die Hard and many more. Before I do anything, I stop all running processes, such as firewalls, anti virus, and other running programs. I then use DVDFab to make an ISO image out of my DVDs which also removes the copyright features. The image comes out to be like 4.3 Gb because I remove some content, like second languages, special features and sometimes captions as well. I still leave the root menu though. I then use Power ISO to burn the image on a Verbatim DVD with the lowest write speed which is 4x. Once again, before I do that I stop all running processes. Now here is where the problem starts, I then use Nero 7’s CD-DVD Speed 4.7.0.0 to run a Disc Quality Test on the DVD I have just burned. Now, even though I burn the same movie, the results are always not consistent. Sometimes, my DVD comes out with many errors which stop them from playing correctly on my home DVD player.Other Times, they come out flawlessly and work like a charm. I basically have to throw away 1 or 2 dvds before getting it right! THis sucks and I was wondering if any good soul out there will try and help me..PLEASE!!

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

The only thing we haven't established here is whether or not your firmware is up to date for your burner....also why so slow with the burn? Sometimes burning too slow is just as bad as burning too fast. If you are using quality discs, which you are and couple them with a quality drive with current firmware (still undetermined) you should be able to burn with excellent results 8X-12X or even higher.

3. cdelgado

cdelgado Member

i am going to try and burn in 8x now...thanks...and about updating the firmware..how would i do that?

4. cdelgado

cdelgado Member

never mind..i already updated to the latest firmware for my drive. however, i still get the same thing. I already wasted 4 dvds in the process....lol..no joke..i am almost ready to give up...

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.