1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do torrents get some files before newsgroups

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by xboxripin, Jul 3, 2008.

1. xboxripin

xboxripin Member

Hi I was just wondering why for some new games etc why can I not find it when I search on newsbin (I am a full paying member on there and giganews)

but when I do a search on a torrent I find a few of these (latest releases) but they are nowhere to be seen on newsgroups (and I have about 25 groups added anyone care to tell me why as I am very new to the newsgroup scene and probably haven't done something right

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Moved to p2p forum

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I've wondered myself but no idea. Easier to create, greater exposure, bandwidth ?

4. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

cause NewsBin's editors hafta sort thru a huge amount of material before its posted on the site, they hafta edit the nfos to remove 'illegal' info etc.

Oh yea and sometimes minutes after something is pre'd by a pirate grp, its leaked by someone that is also a torrent uploader or provides access for a torrent uploader. It all comes down to who gets access to it first; be that BT or Usenet.