1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do you need to use DVDdecrypter b4 using DVD2One ?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by zooco, Apr 23, 2005.

1. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Things are pretty good Pete. Just been busy working a lot.

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't use AnyDVD but it's well known to be updated quickly for new protections. However I also don't have any discs that Decrypter can't handle. I copy all the DVDs I buy to ISOs before I watch them and every time I've had problems it was either a damaged disc or Windows issues. Unfortunately Windows issues can't always be resolved (they're not bugs - just random features) and sometimes using AnyDVD or DVD43 is the only solution short of starting over with a fresh Windows install.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Vurbal,

Just a note to let you know, DVD43 was updated today to stabilize it and hopefully solve some of the minor that were plaguing it for the last few months -

Get your copy today . . .

http://dvd43.com/

Cheers Friend, and just a word to remember . . . always make some time for a little play, . . . life is too short to do nothing but work . . :)

Cheers,

Pete

3. zooco

zooco Regular member

I forget to mention another reason to use AnyDVD : you need only 4.7 gigs on the HD to rip a D9 movie and shrink to a D5 ( i.e. with the combination AnyDVD + DVD Shrink ). With the combo (DVDDecrypter + DVD Shrink) , you will need about 13 gigs on the HD for the same DVD movie. So personal needs and resources will also enter into the final choice . Please comment.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

WOW, I didn't know that . . .

Soooo, should I totally remove it from my PC, go to msconfig to take it out of the startup window and reboot OR will turning it off be OK when using my DL burner and a DL disc ?

Gee, I thought it was just a decrypter, not a HD saver ? ? ?

Well as they say, Ya live and learn -