1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why does ftpin take so long

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by bos260, May 17, 2007.

1. bos260

bos260 Member

i followed the tutorials and i got it to work but yesterday i transfered a game took 5 hours and 58 mins and it only did half. i dont know if you are meant to change any settings but between every file which are 5kbs 26kbs and there are thousands of em it transfers it says somethin bout implemented and takes long between files der tranfer speed is fine if it is doing a large file it gets like 8mb/ps but its the thousands of small ones dat are taking so long can anyone help me with this problem. by the way im using flashfxp

2. steimy

steimy Active member

It should not take anywhere near that long. On a connection using a wire (crossover cable) it should take about 45 minutes to an hour to transfer the whole game. On a wireless it may take an extra 15 minutes or so as it is just slightly slower. There is something in you settings that is wrong.
    http://www.ftpplanet.com/ftpresources/ftp_speed_tips.html
    (WS_FTP Pro works just like FlashFXP. It is what i prefer to use)
    http://3dftp.com/fastspeed.htm

you are going to have to fool with some settings most likely so that you can speed it up.

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  3. bos260

bos260 Member

i keep getting between files 502 pasv not implemented you have any idea what that is i thinks thats wats taking so long because between each file ders like 20 seconds and dat adds up wen u tranferin over 100 000 files

4. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

This is how you should have flash fxp setup!

Change your transfer settings (press F6 and hit the transfer tab). Transfer Mode should be on Auto, then click on connection, and change both buffer sizes (the two drop down menus) to 256KB each, this should allow for enough overflow in the connection time to get to the next file quickly.

Side note: I only use flash fxp for video files, QWIX(#1 xbox app) for everything else!

5. bos260

bos260 Member

i fixed my problem i changed to wsftp pro and works fine and quick thankyou

6. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, WS_FTP Pro is a great program. Much better than FlashFXP.
    Once i started using that i never went back.