1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does my computer think I have another DVD drive?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Acme8790, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Acme8790

Acme8790 Member

I am not sure if this is the correct forum but maybe someone can direct me in the right direction.

I currently have One CDR-Burner (E: Drive), and also one DVD-Burner (D: Drive). BUt if I look in My computer I also have a "G: drive" which has the word DVD in the picture of the drive. If I try to open it, it says please insert disk into drive G:. If I hit eject, nothing happens. How can I delete this drive, and why is it there? This G drive does not exist but my computer thinks it does.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. Woz

Woz Regular member

Do you have Alcohol 120% or Clone CD installed? I know these programs create a virtual drive. If you want to remove it go to the device manager, right click the drive and select Uninstall. The only problem is that when you reset your computer it might just come back!

Let me know how you get on.

Woz

3. kdatta

kdatta Member

If you use Daemon Tools, or have used it sometime, it also creates a virtual DVD drive. If this is the case, try to un-install and re-install if necessary, the Daemon Tools software.

4. Willmatic

Willmatic Guest

If you open the program and go into personal settings there should be an option to remove any virtual drives which have been installed. For instance, if you're using Alcohol 120% go to File and click "options", a new window will open and to the left, click "virtual drive" and you can choose how many virtual drives you'd like in a dropdown menu at the top of the window. Click it and choose "0". There should be a similar option in the settings of any program that installs these drives such as Nero, etc.