1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does my DVD burner Keep getting error's when verifying data with ISO's (image FIles)?

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by JuggaloRM, Apr 2, 2008.

1. JuggaloRM

JuggaloRM Member

Why does my DVD burner Keep getting error's when verifying data with ISO's (image FIles)?
    I have a gateway 506gr computer that I reformatted and updated all the chip sets and so on.. it came with a Lite-On Dual layer dvd burner, When I would try to burn movies with it they would always get disk read errors, sometimes I could get halfway through a movie then it would mess up. So I went ahead a bought a new Lite-On Dual Layer burner, and I successfully was able to burn a movie, But when i burn a ISO it gets a error when verifying the data. So I hooked it up to a older computer and when i put a blank dvd in the drive its read CD-ROM instead of DVD-RAM blah blah.. and it doesn't prompt when what i want to do with it.. and if i double click the CD that is actually a dvd it says in-correct function.. However If I go ahead and open Nero7 and use the burning rom.. (also have tried other DVD write programs) and go ahead and burn the image.. it burns and verifying is successful.. b

I am using Sony DVD +R

LITE-ON model#DH-20A4P-04(I have updated the firmware)

(update) Its also not reading disk properly on the gateway, I poped in a data dvd I burned a while ago with some movies on it and when I tryed to open the one I wanted to watch it would just freeze everything up, so I put in a burned CD and it read "audio CD" but when I tryed to open it gave me a error message and the msg said somthing about going to control panel/file manager to do somthing.

If anyone has any adivse on what settings I need to change on the pc or anything to help me to be able to burn ISO's without any verification errors please let me know.

additional notes: I am not 100% certian if the ISO's will not work or not, they are Nintendo Wii Backup disk, I am waiting on my new modchip to get here. but keep in mind on the other computer using the same version of nero I had no problem with disk verification after burning

I am burning at 4x

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You need to go to a Wii forum, because what you are trying to do, isn't going to happen.

3. JuggaloRM

JuggaloRM Member

What do you mean I need to go to a Wii forum? I just want my DVD burner to work properly. I should be able to burn a image successfully with my machine.

If it work's with one machine and not the other the problem is somthing with the computer. I bought a new dvd burner in hopes of it working with my gateway.

The DVD burner should be able to read audio, avi files and any other media I have codecs for, I have went to propertys already on the DVD ROM and made sure it was enabled, and I have made sure the box was checked for reading digital audio