1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why does no1 help???

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by damurph, Nov 8, 2004.

1. damurph

damurph Member

Please can sum1 help me, i've downloaded a video file for my little brother, i promised him i'd put it on dvd for him so if you don't help he's gonna cry and it'll be all your fault, lol. I know i need to use TMPGEnc, but what settings do i select, this is what i got from avicodec;
    File - 381 MB (381 MB), duration: 1:02:05, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 44 %
    Video - 324 MB, 730 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 416*240 (16:9), DIVX = OpenDivx v4, Supported
    Audio - 56 MB, 128 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

I read in the brilliant guide that if the fps is 29.970 then i should select NTSC, but i live in the UK and therefore want to play it on my PAL dvd player so do i still select NTSC? When i do select NTSC and CBR MPEG-1 Layer II Audio (mp2) and click and browse for my file it only shows up in the video box, and when i select to browse for the audio it says its not supported.........so what am i doing wrong. Also do i select film movie or video movie in the "content of video" settings? If sum1 could give step by step instructions on what settings i use for my particular circumstances that would be brilliant. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE reply!
    Regards, Dan

2. nuclear81

nuclear81 Member

If this is going to be played on a PAL system you need to convert it to PAL and not NTSC. Pal uses 25FPS and I advise using MP3 audio(or AC3). Hope this helps a bit.

3. damurph

damurph Member

thanks for replying, sorry but i'm struggling a bit, what do you mean use mp3 audio, do i select this in tmpgenc, and does it matter when i select the source in tmpgenc that theres nothing in the audio box, do i still select the setting "output video and audio as two individual streams"? Thanks again
    Dan

4. nuclear81

nuclear81 Member

Yes you will need to select to have audio and video as two seperate files, and in the settings of Tmpegenc, u should see AAC audio, that should surfice. Good luck.

5. damurph

damurph Member

Thanks again nuclear81, you've been a big help, i've followed your advice and i will see how it turns out. Just one thing i'm not sure on, 'cos there is nothing in the audio source will i still have sound, 'cos the way i understand it is that if i've selected to have 2 seperate streams then how will i get sound if there is no audio source, i hope this makes sense, thanks again
    Dan

6. nuclear81

nuclear81 Member

If there is nothing on the audio source then you will need to seperate the origional audio and video into 2 seperate files. You can do this very easily using Vstrip

7. damurph

damurph Member

thanks alot, i'll give it a try