1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Doesn't "In-CD" Install Using Windows XP

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by logon, Mar 17, 2004.

1. logon

logon Member

I own a one-year-old (CENDYNE labeled) LITE-ON LTR32123S CD-RW WRITER that came with a Nero 5.5.5.6 bundled CD-ROM. Everything worked beautifully on my old computer using Windows 98. My new Dell computer uses Windows XP. Nero Burning Rom installs properly and works just fine. However, when I try to install InCD I get this message: "InCD works under Windows 95 OSR2/98/ME/2000 only". In Nero's own web site it says that In-CD works with Windows XP. Can someone please tell me what is wrong?

2. d223

d223 Member

look though these posts, i think you will find that Windows XP has some quirks with Ahead's InCD.
    FYI
    I am still using Windows 98 se and also had problems with InCD...I recently aquired Roxio ver 5.3.4.21 and am enjoying
    the ability to have 2 cd-rw drives of diffrent manufacturers work with Roxio's Direct CD. I also have Nero Burning Rom co existing with Roxio's Easy CD.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  3. logon

logon Member

As further info, the following is an exact quote from the nero.com web site:

"Which Nero version do I need for windows XP?

The first version of Nero Burning Rom which supported XP was Nero
    5.5.5.1. So you need to have Nero 5.5.5.1. or later".