1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why doesnt my craxtion run?????

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by dav.id, Jul 12, 2003.

1. dav.id

dav.id Member

im trying to install craxtion i have read the tutorials and done what they say i have updated the windows sys32 files with the ocx files it was asking for now after all this i still get an pop up error message saying error H8007007E(-2147024770) when i click the craxtion.exe file does anybody know what this means or how i over come it ???
    cheers

2. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

did you register the files in the registry. after copying the files to the c:\windows\system32 directory you need to click start/run/ and enter the following c:\regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx or c:\winnt\system32\regsrv32 comdlg32.ocx. good luck hope that helps!

3. dav.id

dav.id Member

ahhh no i didnt register them but i tried to and its saying windows cannot find its the same file and its in the system 32 directory but its just sayin windows cannot find grr lol

4. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

im pretty sure it has something to do with registering them. keep trying because craxtion is a hell of an application to have since it allows you to do practically everything

5. dav.id

dav.id Member

yes your right i did a little searching just with the error code and turns out a load of people with all sorts of software requiring you to install dll and ocx files get the same problem with windows xp home and pro its something to do with it running faster it cant find the files or misses them or labels them useless, anyway if anyone else has the same problem there is a solution just run any decent reg cleaner select all and delete all unregistered files reboot and for some strange reason theres no more errors and no need to register or install anything, well as long as it works lol