1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why is an mpeg-3 not converting like other mpegs/avi ?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by geddylee1, Aug 26, 2004.

1. geddylee1

geddylee1 Member

i use tmpge to convert star trek or movies off the internet all the time. then burn a vcd or dvd. never had a problem. now ive found alot of movies like i robot and the village that won't load into tmpge. it took me forever to figure out how to do the vcd/dvd thing. now im stuck again. the files that wont load say mpeg-layer 3 audio.in properties.but the star treks that do load also say this . what am i looking for ? whats different ? please somebody help. ill even tell you where to get real movies still in theatres free

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Try this First, go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2", and now try to load in the AVI file and it should load if the Problem is the Video..You should also make sure you have the Correct codecs installed or Just install the "FFDShow Decoder" which can decode most every AVI format....

if that doesn"t work then it could be because the Audio might be VBR MP3 which is different than Regular MP3 audio and Tmpgenc doesn"t like the VBR MP3 format so you would have to decompress the audio in the AVI file and then Tmpgenc can handle the audio....
    If you PM me with your E-mail address I can send you a Small tool that will decompress the audio in your AVI file...

Cheers

3. geddylee1

geddylee1 Member

thanks-not sure how to pm you- i did get it kind of to work...i havent tried your thing yet but now i know it needs to be converted from avi to mpeg before it'll load. which i did with winmpg and now it loads and works but the talking is 10 sec slower than the mouth. winmpg did that so now i need a better program to go avi to mpeg that stays in sync- once thats done my problem is fixed. i made i robot a vcd -or i can dvd too...but its out of time with voice

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well It definately sounds Like the audio is VBR MP3..
    If you want to PM me with your E_Mail address I will send you a Tool for decompressing the audio......

To PM me you Just Click the Little Icon in the Top Right corder of my Posts.....

5. geddylee1

geddylee1 Member

i got the problem fixed. winmpg just sucks. i now convert avi to mpeg with fx mpeg writer and it will then load into tmpge fine. it takes 20 hrs to convert but atleast it works. now ive gotten the village-i robot-riddick-shrek 2-harry potter 3-walking tall- spidey 2-alien vs predator and bourne sup. im a rockin' and a rollin' now baby.