1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is Nero's encoder so bad?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by gear79, Jul 28, 2005.

1. gear79

gear79 Guest

Why is it listed in most all the threads, that nero has one of the worst encoders, but one of the best burning roms?
    i have the full version of nero, latest updates, and seem to have no problems what so ever doing back ups or burning d/l movies.
    i hear other decoders are better, but what is desired over nero's to encode, and if so, how do i get files to burn using nero without nero wanting to re-encode the file all over again?

2. RagePro

RagePro Guest

i have the same problem

3. dvdfixit

dvdfixit Member

Nero takes to long to decode/encode,but what do you exspect considering you get the software free with dvd rewriters. ;)

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

5. gear79

gear79 Guest

but.......... i paid for mine, so is there a difference then in the 'paid for' version, vs. the free version, as far as encoding goes?

6. gear79

gear79 Guest

@Arniebear
    i see that link was against a pre-authored dvd.... which is all what i use in that department..
    but how about downloaded movies.... knowing the file is as only good as it was uploaded, but whats a good proggy to code them?

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Everybody sees things differently, so they like various programs. I prefer Nero Recode if I want my movie sharp, I will use Shrink and do quality enhancements if I want it smooth. There are a lot of members who swear by Intervideo, I have tried it and don't see too much difference on my 52 inch set so why bother to buy another program. It is all in what you like, and how you like to view your backups.

8. dvdfixit

dvdfixit Member

no diffrence with encoding m8,I personally think nero is cheap and nasty.

9. RagePro

RagePro Guest

well i bought my nero 2 n its slow as hell

10. RagePro

RagePro Guest

i have win98se ans 128mb or ram

11. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

that'll be why then :)

12. colw

colw Active member

Problem solved - you do not have the grunt or computing capacity to effectively utilise the program.

No point in blaming software when hardware capacity and resources are the probelm.

13. RagePro

RagePro Guest

ok
    thx time 4 me 2 get a new cpu

14. gear79

gear79 Guest

you could always just upgrade to more memory, bigger hard drive, and get xp home or xp pro, will cost you less then a new pc. lets say 100 bucks for a 120gig hdd, 75 bucks for 2 sticks of memory, and 150 or so for xp, totalling 325 or more, versus 1000+ for a GOOD pc. your choice. there are always package deals too.... but a new pc may be better off, get you a cd/dvd burner combo, more hdd, speed, and sp2 built in.... just my opinion.

15. RagePro

RagePro Guest

my cpus old n e ways and has a really bad interface lol

16. gear79

gear79 Guest

well, just put in my 2 cents.........
    a new puter........ always a good thing FASTER, BETTER, MORE stuff to do..

17. RagePro

RagePro Guest

yup yup

18. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

look in my sig. my sexy PC only cost £240...

19. RagePro

RagePro Guest

that is a good deal

20. bodcaukid

bodcaukid Member

I just ordered my computer and got it. It's p4, 3.6ghz, 2024mb ram, 1-250 gb hdd, another hdd that 200gbs hdd, sony dvdrom-cr/rw, and a sony dvd +/- r/rw , something about dualm layer and something about data, or something like that. its got a floppy with a bunch of other slots around it, for some reason. I bought it wanting to copy dvd's. Now that I've read this stuff. I'm wondering if its gonna have enough stuff to copy dvds. Is my computer gonna be big enough to run the nero stuff? I was gonna download it and try it, but after reading the stuff above,I think I;d better wait and see if ya'll think mine will even run the nero stuff. If it won't what stuff do I need to change, add, or remove. The salespeople said I can do dvd's, but they may tell people what they wanna hear to sell the damn thang. I'm about to have a panic attack now. I hope I ain't bought a piece of junk that ain't gonna be able to copy dvds. Thanks