1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is Nero's encoder so bad?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by gear79, Jul 28, 2005.

1. RagePro

RagePro Guest

nice cpu

2. wbfconst

wbfconst Regular member

bodcaukid; I think your pulling our legs, and trying to make us jealous, you did. Your system will do anything within the realms of these pages.

3. gear79

gear79 Guest

wow, fast processor, one of the fastest, double my memory, and plenty o hdd space and dim sum !!!
    it will run all your proggy's and more....
    good luck!

4. bodcaukid

bodcaukid Member

I ain't trying to pull nobodys leg. I'm 50 years old. drove log trucks for 27 years, was told I had to retire, due to a worn out neck.
    Cheif of neuro surgery refused to fix my neck. 2 other neuro. also refused to fix it. Say it's to much danger to mess with it. Retired on soc. sec. disability about 3 or 4 years back. I worked 12 - 18 hours a day. I have started out on computers a couple years ago. I don't know much about them. I can't do much, if it jars my neck. I decided to try fooling with computers. I bought a compaq with 64 mb. ram, around 10-12 gbs hdd from circuit city. they said it was a "bad boy".. It didn't work good at all, for me. It might have been a good one, and I never learned how to use it properly. I got with tiger direct and they helped to fix one that they thought would at least do to back-up dvds. I still ain't figured out if they helped me or not. I just hope so. I still don't know much about all the stuff. I just copied it of the packing list. Right now, I don't know if they helped me or just sold a computer illiterate person another piece of junk. THE COMPAQ WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A GOOD ONE ACCORDING TO THE SALES PEOPLE.I'm truly brain dead when it comes to computers. I had never touched a pc, untill after I retired.I still know very little. All my friends still drive trucks, and they work the same hours I did, so they have little time to associate with me or anyone else. I do understand this, as I know what it's like. I'm just trying to find some software that is not extremely user un-friedly to copy dvds. That was my biggest desire when I bought this computer. I'm just trying to find out what software I need to back-up dvds.Thanks for any help, Steve

5. RagePro

RagePro Guest

hey bodcaukid how much u pay

6. gear79

gear79 Guest

well, there is lots of free ware out there, i personally use dvdshrink, dvddecrypter, and nero to do all my back ups...
    here is dvd decrytper
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm
    here is dvd shrink
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm
    use Pete's guide here, its a step by step (using nero)
    http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/petesguide13.html
    and here is nero (trial version) mine is the full version, with latest updates...
    http://ww2.nero.com/enu/neroue-prog.php
    there are tons of guides in here, loads of information, and other freeware and software programs.....

i too buy from tiger direct... good prices they have on some stuff, but where i live, we have a few major computer stores here, so i usually just save on the shipping and wait time and go there direct... like today, i bought a hdmi to dvi video cable for my dvd player to hdtv, cost me the same as tiger, less shipping, and got it TODAY instead of 3-5 days..
    anyway, hope this links help you out, and happy burning !!!

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@bodcaukid - welcome, you've come to the right place - afterdawn has many forums, whether it's dvd burning, cd's, pc's, playstations, blah blah blah, it's all here, hang around and you'll find everything you need, there's a lot of helpful people around here.
    as to the bad neck, i suffer from chronic neck pain on and off, though mine's stress related, any time i have any negative thoughts etc, i get severe chronic pain and if i jar my neck while it's like that i'm knocked sick. so happy thoughts only for me lol.

anyway, as i say, there's lots of knowledgable people around here so don't be a stranger..

8. wbfconst

wbfconst Regular member

bodcaukid; Sorry for the sarcasm. As creaky says, just hang around here, and reference the different forums. You'll find out all you need to know, and get good, sound advice as well. There is a lot of programs out there, and it sounds to me as if you would have no problem purchasing the best. When you start copying and burning dvd's, be sure to research the media forums here at AD. By the way, I'm 64, and worked construction all my life. Had to quit because of a neck injury. Good luck.

9. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

Bodcaukid:

You got plenty bells and whistles to backup DVDs! Sounds like you have slots for variuos memory sticks as well. Maybe you should get into photography as well. What kind of printer do you have with that setup? I would suggest the Epson Stylus Photo R200 to print directly to CD/DVDs.

And once again, "Welcome to AfterDawn!" You have made a wise decision. There is SO MUCH help here.

I use Redode2 for the majority of my backups. I also have DVDShrink (for its re-authoring versatility) and Intervideo DVD Copy. With most of my backups being over the 80% mark after compression, Recode is just as good as, if not better than, Intervideo DVD Copy on my 52 inch Widescreen HDTV!!! I do a lot of "movie only" backups. I don't care about menus and such, after all, it IS a backup copy...

Nero should serve you well, and you have plenty of system resources for it to perform effectively!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2005
  10. bodcaukid

bodcaukid Member

I got the cpu thang, and a 19" acer led screen. monitor or what ever you call it about 2100.00 Somebody mentioned ddr ram. I looked on my papers a while ago and it's 2024 mb ddr2 ram. what's the difference between ddr and ddr2?

11. gear79

gear79 Guest

DDR SDRAM can transfer data across the bus two times per clock, DDR2 SDRAM can perform four transfers per clock. DDR2 uses the same memory cells, but doubles the bandwidth by using the multiplexing technique. The DDR2 memory cell is still clocked at the same frequency as DDR SDRAM and SDRAM cells, but the frequency of the input/output buffers is higher with DDR2 SDRAM. The bus that connects the memory cells with the buffers is twice wider compared to DDR. Thus, the I/O buffers perform multiplexing: the data is coming in from the memory cells along a wide bus and is going out of the buffers on a bus of the same width as in DDR SDRAM, but of a twice bigger frequency. This allows to increase the memory bandwidth without increasing the operational frequency of the memory cells.
    Basically means, you got a fast pc...........
    2x faster then mine, but you also paid double then what i paid too.

12. bodcaukid

bodcaukid Member

Man, I appreciate you explaining this to me, unfortunately, have no idea what you were talking about. I'm new to computers and all that.I did at one time think I was "reasonably intelligent", but after your answer, I think I was foolin myself. I do appreciate your willingness to try explaining that to me, and hopefuly, one day I might figure out what you were talking about.I tolod the guy at tiger direct that I wanted a computer goos enough that I wouldn't need to buy another one later, when I learned how to use one. I hope he did that, but right now, I'm still computer illiterate. He said this one shold be good for a while. He talked about a new p4 thing something about 64 something impoving speed for gaming and stuff, but I told him to just leave mine on ,I think 32 something, as I ain't to interested in games. I don't know, he said this would be a good starting out computer, and I'm so dumb, he may have sold me a clunker. Oh well, I nned to leave ya'll alone, I was trying to figure out what stuff I need to have to copy dvd.s. I really didn't intend to bug anybody, or to irritate ya'll. I fel I am asking dumb questions and gonna get on ya'lls nerves.People can get fed up with answering dumb questions, I'm just to computer illiterate to ask smart ones. Thanks, again for the help

13. gear79

gear79 Guest

my theory is........ you never stop learning, the day you say you know it all IS when you stop learning.
    you are never a bother, dont ever think that at all, no matter what age you are, you will always learn something new. read and search all over this forum, you will find tips, clues, answers, reasons, tricks..... you name it, and if you dont find it, ask. someone will answer you. i have learned so much from this site, and if you want more answers to anything, do a google search on it, the information is out there. i was reading up one day on RAM and thought i'd just pass along what i had learned to you. you are welcome for me telling you what i knew, it was no problem really. you will find that there are many people here willing to help you.... just ask, search, and you will find !!!!
    p.s. i'll trade you my pc for your pc !!! ;-)

14. wbfconst

wbfconst Regular member

So would about 75% of the rest of those at AD.