1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is video quality on movies so bad on my computer?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Habib111, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Habib111

Habib111 Member

ok, first of all i know when u download movies (.avi files either 1 cd 700 mb or 2 cds 1.4 mb) that the quality can range, but i see the quality on my friends and my cousins house and the average ones are very good, no pixelation, just like dvd. first of all, one thing i noticed on mine right away is that it is very very dark, and the quality is weaker too, and i can swear to whoevers up there that recently it got even worse...

does anyone know how i can fix this?? i think my videocards pretty shit, should i get a good one? and wtf is up with the darkness, thanks alot for ur help.

2. jozza321

jozza321 Regular member

Hey Habib111,

Almost ecaxly the same problem with me accept i dont think that the picture is getting worst. And have you tried playing the exact same movie file on ur cousin'a and friends computer and its heaps better?

3. Habib111

Habib111 Member

hey yo i was just at my cousin's house, i saw his quality. i can say that i overrated a bit, but even on regular videos his quality is better, not only movies (which ssome are exact files). however, i could live with the difference in quialities if mine wasn't so damn dark, why is it dark?? i have a flat screeen like 19 inch, its not that great of a flat screen tho, his is just a normal screen. please help./

4. Habib111

Habib111 Member

i just realized something, on my computer, when i stand up and look at it from a downward angle the colour looks much more sharp and better, but as i come down to sitting position at one point i can literally see like a layer come over the screen from top to bottom, like a layer of darkness. its really weird, it makes it much less sharp, darker, and is the main reason the quality on my computer looks weaker. like you know how the skin colour looks yellow alot of times, well when i stand up it looks good, like it should, then as i sit it gets darker and starts looking kind of red. its random, can anybody please help me. pleaasee.

5. jozza321

jozza321 Regular member

Habib111,

Yea samw here the quality really isn't that bad i can live with it its just when i play the movie its pretty dark.

6. Habib111

Habib111 Member

yeahh i can live with it, but when i see it on my cousins screen, not dark, i can see the darkness makes a big impact. there has to be a way to fix it, is it just because its a flat screen or maybe it has something to do with the video card? mines pretty shit.

7. Habib111

Habib111 Member

oo and by the way, jozza, do you have a flat-screen?

8. jozza321

jozza321 Regular member

Habib 111,

Nar i dont have a flat screen do you?

9. Habib111

Habib111 Member

yeah, the reason i asked is i thought maybe that had something to do with it, man if ne one out there knows how to help me pleaaaasssee do it.

10. tubacuba

tubacuba Regular member

try messing with the setting on the screen..brighness maybe?

11. Habib111

Habib111 Member

brightness is 100 but ill try messing around with some other stuff

12. jozza321

jozza321 Regular member

Same here

13. Habib111

Habib111 Member

messing around didnt work.