1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Nero ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Nututhis, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

Ok.........I've burned a couple of dvds successfully but the only catch is, I rip them with shrink, then burn it with shrink. The total process is about 1hr 10min. I dont see why I should choose to burn with Nero. I have Nero 6 but why should I use Nero if it does this with 2 clicks?? PS DVD X Copy is now a coaster for my drinks...maybe next week I'll use it as a door stopper.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

dvd shrink doesnt burn it interfaces with nero or decrypter to burn.
    You dont need nero, if you dont have other burning needs except what decrypter can do ie. burn dvdr's
    i couldnt live without my nero
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  3. searcher1

searcher1 Member

I use shrink and I love it. you can even reauthor with shrink as long as all you want is the main movie and the extras, shrink will not give you the menues in reauthor. That's where nero comes in, Nero will let you do anything you want, I have nero and wouldn't give it up it is a great program.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

does nero have to be installed to burn with shrink? i know you dont see nero on shrink burning! but it uses its burn engine!

@ searcher1

also i didnt know nero keeps menus? could you explain the setup proces for that?

Thx
    PS i love shrink / nero and i still use nero v5!!! never had a bad disc from thoses!

5. gavorney

gavorney Member

So do I understand that if I have Decrypter and Shrink, Shrink can burn using Decrypter's burn engine and I don't necessarily need Nero?

6. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

I have the full Version of Nero 6,Shrink,& Decrypter & I've never used Nero or Decrypter in my DVD burning process,& I've made about 10 DVDs.

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi gavorney
    Yes you can can rip shrink and burn all with just dvd shrink, and dvd decrypter.Just do your movie with shrink, and then when you click backup,where it says select target device,hit the dropdown box and choose iso disc image,down below your browse button on the left, select launch decrypter to burn, and off ya go.
    I dont use this method because i have nero but ive done it before just so i can say i did it.
    good luck
    blaze on clubbers
    jim
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2004
  8. gavorney

gavorney Member

Thanks, Mr. Dandy, that's very helpful information.

9. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

Am I the only one who thinks that Nero 5 is much easier to use and that Nero 6 is just bloated?

I can't get used to Nero 6, too much cr@p and hard-to-find options... Nero 5 is simple to use and the user interface is so much simpler.

Nero 5 rules though!