1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why No known suppliers of Eurovox Ex6000sd

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zemme

Zemme Member

MMIR, only 1 of the manufacturers has put a website to together, which is the one by E45 refers to eurovox.co.kr.

The other manufacturers do not advertise on websites that they make the Eurovox TX, Eurovox EX8000 HD+, Eurovox EX6000 SD as they also make cable/satellite receivers for various other big brand named importers. Ask yourself why the Eurovox TX & the Digivox XL USB are using the same chassis? Is it because the Digivox XL USB is a clone of the Eurovox TX? The answer to that is NO!! They are made by the same manufacturer.

I have test software here which we have been using, but what are you going to do with it??, you sure aint going to be using it on any of the boxes that are currently being sold on the market as its a brand new box.

2. e45

e45 Regular member

Digivox xl usb are made by the same company that make the Starview units.

The digivox uses the same firmware just slightly changed to suit the bootloader on the digivox.

And not made by eurovox, they are defo not clone boxes, as there is on going support, from the starview crew on this product.

3. bollyboy

bollyboy Member

There seem to be a few people who either have liitle understanding of the matter or are being passed on the incorrect information.

G****L also made the Eurovox TX as well as the Starview, Digivox, etc.
    So I’ll put the in simpleton terms for the less educated.

The Support for the Eurovox TX comes from G****L, so in fact the “Starview Crew” are supporting Eurovox products !

4. bollyboy

bollyboy Member

Most manufacturers will not discuss/advertise these type of boxes on websites.
    As stated already most of them supply the big names with products so would not want to harm this relationship.

How often do you find Fortec advertising the Kryptview on there website !
    NO never so they must not be supported or must be clones, when the actual truth is that there arguably the best supported box at the moment.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  5. Zemme

Zemme Member

Hi E45. this is the point that i was trying to make in the first instance. The manufacturer of the Starview made the Digivox & the Eurovox TX also. We all know the Eurovox TX was an official box, but not made by the manufacturers that own the Eurovox.co.kr website.

This has been the point that i have been trying to preach from the very beginning. There are many different manufacturers for the Eurovox product ranges.

Regards

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

to be honest, if it doesnt work on N3 its not worth the hassle in the end, as the UK is starting the roll out of N3 cards to the yorkshire area, so its like I said above, another box that will do more or less than whats out there at present, as if and when N3 kicks fully, it will as useful as a SV1 at the end of the day, a door stopper

7. mmir

mmir Member

Has any one got the test report results on EX6000? Does it perform better than the previous Eurovox Models? Is EPG, Picture Quality and Channel change is better and faster? Channel Change on Eurovox has beel slower than Starview and other makes. Overall performance rating would be interesting to know from the experts. Its price is lower than all previous Eurovox Models. At £85.00 or less it would be a bargain if it has official software support and performs as good as previous Eurovox Models.

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

think ya need to read the thread again and read it closely.

Regardless,
    with N3 in Ireland and also launching in the UK and IPTV tests in the UK, yes its started, whats the point of another box? Quicker Channel change? to what, blank screens.

to late in my opinion, the end of cable is coming,

9. e45

e45 Regular member

This will never get software from the main Eurovox Manufacturers as far as i can see it is still not on their official website

nor likely to be either but i can expect a notice about this box not been theirs and will not be supported by them either and it looks like globel will be the same so who does this leave ??

I suspect this box was commissioned by some people and just decided to use the Eurovox brand name that is my opinion just to sell it on quickly.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  10. e45

e45 Regular member

Taken from Official Eurovox site re clone warning

IMPORTANT WARNING:

(See photos at the foot of this page for a complete list of our Discontinued Products).

Counterfeit Boxes: A problem affecting Eurovox products.

Eurovox, like many other companies with well-known brand names, is the victim of product copying by third parties. The Eurovox brand name is often used without permission on counterfeit products and packaging.

Counterfeit products, which are in some cases practically identical to genuine Eurovox products, are generally of poor quality and performance. The products are often on offer at “unbeatable” prices, and are presented to consumers as bargains. But, in reality, a counterfeit product is far from being a bargain.

Although there are various sorts of counterfeit products, those counterfeit products are mainly offered for sale through internet auction sites.

These counterfeit products normally have the “EUROVOX” logo on them and it can be hard to tell at first glance whether they are genuine or counterfeit. However, in many cases those counterfeit products are of inferior quality, can be potentially lethal, or simply do not work.

Purchasing counterfeit products is not worth it! The origin, quality and reliability of all counterfeit products are uncertain.

Because the format and technology used in counterfeit products differs from that used in manufacturing genuine Eurovox products, the use of counterfeit products can damage your other electrical products, If another product is damaged through your use of a counterfeit product, its guarantee is unlikely to cover the damage and your consumer rights may be invalidated.

In the case of certain products such as power supplies the use of a counterfeit product that does not comply with standards currently in force can present a real danger for your safety (risks of overheating and fire, or even electrocution).

Counterfeit product manufacturers often do not comply with health and safety certification rules like genuine manufacturers have to, and this becomes even more important when dealing with mains electricity. Poorly manufactured power supplies can catch fire, and if this happens while you are not at home the results would be disasterous.

Counterfeit products also often use inferior and cheaper parts in their manufacturer, such as lower-grade CPU's that run hotter, thus requiring heatsinks to keep them cool. Components that run hotter also do not last as long, and obviously present an increased fire hazard.

This website will always carry the latest information about Eurovox's current range. It would be safe to say that if a product is marked as DISCONTINUED on this website and you find you can still buy the product elsewhere as new, it will almost certainly be a clone/counterfeit box.

11. mmir

mmir Member

I just looked at Eurovox's Official Website. It is stated on it that EX6000SD is not a Eurovox Official Product. Check their Website and click on "Home", and you will see their announcement.

12. mmir

mmir Member

Further to my post above, I want to add that Eurovox have announced their on NEW MODEL EX6000LN, to counter EX6000SD. It is on their official website and will be release soon. Check http://eurovox.co.kr/products.html.

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

think that answers that question alrite

14. e45

e45 Regular member

Looks like my first post was correct and someone trying to make a quick buck all right

15. bollyboy

bollyboy Member

They also have the EX8000 Listed which is not there model.
    Before you reply and say it's on there so it must be, ask them to supply you some ?

16. e45

e45 Regular member

It is starting to look to me, as if yourself and zemme have some vested interest in this box, would i be wrong in thinking this ??

As the only comments that have come on this particular box is from you both,and nobody else seems to know anything about this box, apart from the two of you.

It looks like Eurovox have decided to stand their ground, and let people know what is and whats not theirs.

So now it will be up to joe public to make their own minds up now, they will either buy the box, or stay well enough away from it.

17. bollyboy

bollyboy Member

The same may be said for yourself!
    I’m not concerned what people do or don’t buy, just that people are not mislead.

Regards them letting people know what’s there’s and what’s not, that’s not entirely true as they have the 8000 advertised and it clearly is not there product!

However as it been said by yourself and others people have the choice of many boxes at the moment and hopefully regardless of which they buy they will provide them with value for money for some time to come.

18. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

since no one answered me, I will ask again, will this box work on N3? I think I know the answer already but would like to hear from the guys fighting its corner, cause if not its as useful as a handbrake on a canoe

19. e45

e45 Regular member

Well ya can always use it as a door stopper, or large ash tray when N3 kicks in within the Uk as well.

[​IMG]

20. Zemme

Zemme Member

I have sent you an email Mickah explaining the situation about Nagra3.

it is informative & gives you the heads up.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.