1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why No known suppliers of Eurovox Ex6000sd

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zemme

Zemme Member

Bollyboy

Look at the Eurovox.co.kr website. Have you ever seen such an untidy website that looks like it has been made by a 10 year old school kid?

They call this the OFFICIAL Eurovox website?

For the last year they have not mentioned the Eurovox Quantum or the Eurovox EX8000 HD+. Now that the Eurovox.co.kr webdesigner has been reading this forum post, they have taken some stock photos from google images & added it to the website as if it was there own.

Is this intentional or just coincidental? I personally think they have added these pictures out of spite because they have a new competitor who is also a new manufacturer.

They have not been added any specifications for the Eurovox Quantum or the Eurovox EX8000 HD+, just a standard picture that i can find on google images. The links to the products are also pointing to random products on the website.

Now that they know the Eurovox EX6000 SD is releasing on the market mid next week, they put an amateurish cheap shot notice telling visitors that it is not an official box.

Integra needs to get there act together, and accept that there is competition from a new factory. They have no monopoly over the Eurovox brand name as they do not own it. If they did own the Eurovox brand, it would appear on the Integra website.

Regards

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  2. Zemme

Zemme Member

Hi Mmir.

How can the non existant Eurovox EX6000 LN, counter an already existing Eurovox EX6000 SD which will be released mid next week??

So who is copying who? I would say the EX6000LN is a fictious product being advertised on the Eurovox.co.kr to confuse buyers.

Has anyone ever purchased the fictious Eurovox FTA that they are advertising on the Eurovox.co.kr website? It does not even exist.

What about the Eurovox Max V with the white packaging & the green colour shading, has anyone purchased this model before?

Has anyone also noticed the email address that they are using? eurovox@nate.com. Surely a professional & honourable website would use an email address that consisted of there own domain name.

Think what you like, they are not a professional outfit.

Regards

3. Zemme

Zemme Member

Hi E45.

My vested interest in this box is that i have sent 4-5 whole months testing the Eurovox EX6000 SD from scratch along with another major player in this industry, who wishes to stay anonymous at this moment in time.

I cant stand to see a another manufacturer giving bad press to a new product even before it hits the market, as they potentially see it as being competition.

I will not disclose the manufacturer as i have signed a discloser contract with the manufacturer prior to testing the Eurovox EX6000 SD. Clones of boxes only start appearing on the market, once the cloning factory identifies the real manufacturer and are able to identify where the genuine factory source there parts from. I personally dont want any clone factories ruining my hard work.

You comment about not trusting it because Nagra3 is coming is not valid, as every box being sold on the market, whether it be a Eurovox, Kryptview, Starview, Digivox or Dreambox will be affected by Nagra3.

You comment about the Eurovox EX6000 SD being a cloned box. Do you understand the term clone? No offense intended in anyway. Clone is a copy of another box. The Eurovox EX6000 SD is a brand new box with brand new software which uses .STB file for firmware. Which other Eurovox box uses .STB files? I think you are confusing the word clone. Clone & Eurovox EX6000 SD do not sound good in the same sentence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• PVR Ready via external HDD (Timeshift, Record & Playback function)
    • USB 2.0 Host for MPG & MP3 Playback, JPEG Viewing and Firmware Update
    • MPEG-II digital & fully DVB compliant
    • KURO ‘VERSION 2’ On-Screen Display (OSD) system with 256-colors color resolution
    • Renameable 16 favorite channel groups
    • Powerful channel control by Favorites, Lock, Skip, Move and Delete
    • Channel sorting by Alphabet and Category
    • Powerful Channel Autosort Function
    • Multilingual language OSD & menu : English, Italian, Chinese, Turkish, Arabic, Persian, German, French, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese
    • Extended Electronic Program Guide (EPG) and program reservation through EPG
    • Teletext by OSD/VBI (Vertical Blanking Interval)
    • Last channel memory function
    • Total of 4,000 programmable channels
    • Advanced ‘Kuro Version 2’ Channel List’ menu
    • Games with stereo sound
    • Software & channels database upgrades via RS-232C: PC to STB/STB to STB/ STB to USB
    • Parental Lock/ Installation Lock / Receiver Lock / Channel Lock / Lock Channel Confirm.
    • Digital audio output [S/PDIF]
    • Multi-picture display, up to nine different selections
    • Zoom picture capabilities
    • Color Adjustment Function
    • Component output(Y/Pb/Pr)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  4. mmir

mmir Member

Reading the posts above does it mean that Eurovox official Website is Bogus, or had been hacked? Someone else other than Eurovox can do what they like with the wesite including announcing non existing New Receiver on it? Mind boggles, Who should one believe or trust.On Eurovox Website it states New Eurovox Ex6000LN will be released in 2010 true or false? There seem to be two Camps on this forum, one in favour and one against.Exponents of both have contributed a great deal giving their expert views and opinions on this subject. In my humble opinion one should wait to see what the reviews are by actual customers, after they have bought and used the box.

5. bollyboy

bollyboy Member

As you have said, just let people decide if they like it or not.

Just to set the record straight, it was Zemme who originally announced the website and he whom informed a few months ago it had been hacked.

The website is now a sales outlet for a Factory/production line once used for manufacture of certain models.

FYI the EX7000 and EX1000 Beta testing was originally done by Zemme so he does know the facts about these boxes and manufacturers.

Anyhow lets hope we have plenty of use out of any box we have

Best regards

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  6. patrick56

patrick56 Member

hi ive been away for a wile and my eurovox has lost alot of channels
    im in ireland chor+s is ther a new fix or are they finnished???any help would be great

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

read the chorus thread mate, already covered

8. mmir

mmir Member

Zemme, please give us your honest unbiased verdict and ratings on the new EX6000SD givings pros and cons. Specifications and technical data has already been issued. You have been involed right from the word go i.e., from its infancy to its full development to fished product. Is it woth £85.00? As according to you it is going to be released by mid week (Wednesday 4th,Thursday 5th of November or thereabout). I intend to buy the original product before the Counterfeiters flood the market soon after its release.

Regards.

9. lincsat

lincsat Member

It is confusing there being 2 different "Eurovox" factories and importers, with each considering the other to be un-official. Remember that just because a web-site says something, it doesn't make it 100% accurate - there are websites that say the moon landings were faked :)

This sort of thing has happened before in the music industry, for a short time there were 2 different "Status Quo" bands and for a long time there were 2 different versions of the '70's glam rock band "The Sweet" touring.

The EX6000SD is official and authorised by the trademark holder, but not approved or supported by the producer of the EX1100USB and EX7000HD+. The EX1100USB and EX7000HD+ are not approved or supported by the producer of the EX6000SD.

Software support for the EX6000SD will be from "Kuru", they no longer supply firmware for the "old" Eurovoxes.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

10. mmir

mmir Member

There are only two dealer who would be selling EX6000SD. One is Lincsat, the other one just surfaced is DVB Revolution UK.This box is not advertised by anyone else. Even those webbsites who sell Clones are not advertising this box, Why? I hope it is well made like other eurovox boxes and will have speedy software support and would withstand the new software witout dying.

11. e45

e45 Regular member

Ah well its out in the open now, these are the two suppliers that prob commissioned the making of the box, that is why there is only the two of them answering, and been upset by all the publicity, and attention this box has got, before it even got off the ground.

its amazing the way things get leaked in the cable scene !!

But as i have said before its up to the punter to decide to buy or not!!

12. lincsat

lincsat Member

I have not commissioned the box at all, I will be selling them as well as the other Eurovoxes and the Kryptviews. From what I've heard, the EX6000SD has better support than the EX1100, but we'll see.

I can tell you that there is a PC based channel editor and RS232 loader available for the EX6000SD already, the RS232 loader and proper channel editor for the EX1100 still hasn't appeared, the editor that did appear is liable to corrupt the channel data.

You will see from various forums that I have been pushing the development of the EX1100 and EX7000 - I don't care what you buy, so long as you buy it from me :D

13. mmir

mmir Member

Lincsat, can we rely upon your 100% aftersale support if things do not work well. Most of the dealers do not want to know after the sale. Majority of the current dealers are shy to divulge their business addres or telephone numbers. Why? The word "Genuine" does not appear anywhere in their adverts not even in their FAQs. Is not there any legal requirement for these traders to give their full businees address and contact numbers and satate the goods they are selling are genuine and not counterfeits. Who can we contact to report such traders. They just hide behind an Email address. I would not buy anything from any such dealer.

14. lincsat

lincsat Member

I have always given after-sales support and will continue to do so, all invoices include the trading address - I am not hiding from anyone.

Most of my sales come from recommendations, I do very little advertising.

15. grimsby22

grimsby22 Member

just my two-penneth but the eurovox TX has just been added to the "official" eurovox website.

its common knowledge that this box was NOT made by them but made by the makers of the Starview and Digivox.

whoever is lying, one thing for sure.... the "official" website is not telling the truth anymore.

does anyone think like me that this could be a chinese clone website out to get buisness? LOL

anyway guys, has anyone seen this new box yet?

16. Zemme

Zemme Member

I would just like to let you know that the Eurovox EX6000 SD is now available for sale.

All reputable suppliers have been allocated stock.

Lincsat is my recommended choice, if you are interested in purchasing the Eurovox EX6000 SD. Lincsat is well stocked up & is 100% reliable.

I have been dealing with him for many years now, and he values good honest customer service.

Regards

17. mmir

mmir Member

Zemme, please advise , apart from Lincsats, and DVB Revolution which came in to being recently, who are the other reputable dealers who are selling these boxes.
    Regards.

18. e45

e45 Regular member

Yep i have also looked around, and there does not seem to be any other sellers of this unit, either except for flebay, and the two suppliers mentioned above. ie (Lincsats, and DVB Revolution)

19. mmir

mmir Member

It is a big risk buying any cable receivers on Fleabay. Fleabay dealers normally disappear overnight. I wonder if it is the main sponsor/dealer selling it on Fleaby under an assumed name. Normally quite a lot of dealers advertise before the release of the Official Eurovox Box Receiver and majority of them take advance orders. This is not the case in respect of EX6000. Why are majority of normal dealers shy of selling this box? Perhaps e45 or Zemme can elaborate further.

20. bollyboy

bollyboy Member

Many of the largest retailers offer only an E-mail address for contact, this is the reason they offer a lower price than a Physical store due to lower overheads.

That's common business practise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.