1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why pc display not good with hdmi?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by reduxed, May 13, 2008.

1. reduxed

reduxed Member

hi,any help would be appreciated.i have just bought an hdmi dvi lead for pc display with a 32" sony lcd.(graphics card:ati radeon hd 3800 series).display is not impressive though(blurry text/images not very sharp and clear.) my normal vga dvi connection is much better.why is this?shouldnt using hdmi have better results?
    thank you.

2. byngo

byngo Regular member

there is a setting in windows appearance setting somewhere specifically for LCD dispalys. Do a google search for "how to enable True type".
    It is probable that you have had to use HD resolutions such as 720P or 1080i to allow the hdmi input to recognise the signal and the scaling of the TV back to its native resolution (probably 1366 x 768) is contributing to the poor text.
    My Toshiba 32" inch had slightly better text over VGA at 1280 x 1024 but for playback of Bluray i needed the DVI to HDMI route and 1920 x 1080i resolution. Still, general use of XP is still quite acceptable.

3. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Shouldn't it be "clear type"?

4. byngo

byngo Regular member

That's the one Cheezzzz. Ta