1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why r there little dots?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by mediabob, Feb 24, 2006.

1. mediabob

mediabob Regular member

When i try to view a movie in wmp or winamp there r these little dots everywhere, but its only when its with real people i think. Sometimes in VLC media player the dots rnt there and sometimes they r. And when i try to burn the files i think the dots r kept and when i watch the video/movie its on the tv too. Could this be a decoder problem and how can i fix this?

thanks

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

what decoder /encoder are you using

3. mediabob

mediabob Regular member

i used teh windows xp video decoder checup utility and im using the Cyberlink SP/decoder, ummmmm for encoder does that depend on the file? i usually encode stuff with nero vision. but this is has been happenin kno with stuff i have downloaded. i tested this theory but downloading the short films from skype and they have dots on them now. so i think its a decoder problem or it may not. what should i do

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

are most of your files avi

5. mediabob

mediabob Regular member

yes they r avis. i have no idea y this has been happening.

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

lets have a look at the file in question.

where did you download it from?
    can you run it through avicodec anf then copy and paste the file properties into your next post?

7. mediabob

mediabob Regular member

C:\Battlestar Galactica\Battlestar Galactica - S01E01 - 33.avi

File : 349 MB (349 MB), duration: 0:42:53, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 56 %
    Video : 310 MB, 1013 Kbps, 25.0 fps, 640*352 (16:9), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
    Audio : 38 MB, 126 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

this may be a problem, may not. this avi was original pal. but i c the dots in avi that rnt pal either so i got no idea

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

this seeems straight forward enough, how about we change your encoder to a more dedicated one if thats alright with you and then burn it with nero

9. mediabob

mediabob Regular member

thats fine with me. ummmm can u tell me which one to change it too and where to get it and how to change it?

thanks for your help so far

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

try this link.Load your avi into it and then press convert.Make sure you chage the directory where the converted file with end up.

http://www.filepedia.com/video_software/dvd-r_tools/vso_divxtodvd_free.cfm

this is the free version.There are better versions which have trials attached but lets see if this one makes an improvement first.Now once converted try burning your project at 4x with nero

11. mediabob

mediabob Regular member

is nero vision 4 bad? cuz thats what i use

12. mediabob

mediabob Regular member

HAHAHAHHAHAHA victory. if it wasnt for u i would have never found this. i have the ffdshow thingy, and i turned off all the video settings it has and it crystal PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so fuckin happy. thanks man u helped me

13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

no probs, think it comes down to what type of encoder you use.I find the ones that arent dedicated but have heaps of other programs attached to them fail miserably compared to ones that are solely made for encoding............winavi isnt very good but mainconcept and vso stand out as exceptional.

glad you are sorted

andmerr