1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why was this forum started???

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by johnodd4, Jan 13, 2006.

1. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

i understand a lot of people like ds and there lame mario games and nintencraps oops i mean nintendogs but come on read this

bad things nintendo did for the ds

1.no multiplayer for gameboy advance games

2.wireless multiplayer with there special titles only (what about all the people that want to play super mario 64 ds online it's multiplayer via another ds

3.a special adapter you have to purchase from nintendo in order to use the ds online

4.most of the people online are using dial-up not broadband

5. kids just shut there ds's off during the middle of a game not thinking about the other people online

after all of this my thoughts are i shouldn't have purchased the ds i should have just purchased a psp and a ps3 when it comes out

nintendo is going out of bussiness fast if they don't start showing the nintendo revolution working with some real games and the wireless connectivity with the ds though the revolution then they are going to go out of bussiness

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

dont you believe now in the old adage, a fool and there money are soon parted.........should of got a psp or researched a bit better before you bought, as to why this forum was started theres more to it than just your comments.Other people may benefit from it been here

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2006
  3. KoOkOo67

KoOkOo67 Guest

Why not start the forum?
    People wanted the forum, and afterdawn gave the forum to the people.
    If you got a problem with it, go tell them, dont discourage it and piss off many people who would actually love to have a DS forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2006
  4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i see johnodd4: you've had time to digest 2 peoples comments but no reply.Your not scared from the criticism are you.........

5. Stir_Fry

Stir_Fry Regular member

johnodd4. Thanks for your thoughts.

You don't need to buy a special adaptor, will work file on most homes wireless networks.

I doubt alot of people would have a wireless network with dialup.

People often leave online games when they're losing, be it on PS2 (eg PES5), PC (eg UT2004), whatever.

There is alot you can do with a DS eg emulation. Therefore having a forum for it is great.

6. sobhy2406

sobhy2406 Regular member

I really dont think we needed a ds forum

7. KoOkOo67

KoOkOo67 Guest

If you wanted to put the ds down, why didnt you just put a PSP vs DS thread. So that you wont be critisized by others, and you can therefore say w.e you want.

8. jin666

jin666 Regular member

9. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

Getting angry because there's a DS forum is probably one of the most childish and rediculous things I've heard in a while.
    I mean, are you serious? You're actually bothered by it?

Research would've yielded the conclusion the the PSP and DS are two very different machines that offer different things entirely, and thus, would've come down to personal preference. So, I guess you're actually not as familiar with wisdom as you claim. Otherwise, you would know the difference between "their" and "there".

That last part was a joke, but seriously, implying that the PSP is the "smarter" choice simply isn't true.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
  10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ oofRome: this is a forum and people make mistakes in there spelling, but you've just shown what a rude prat you are by pointing out the obvious..........but then again i expected a comment like this from you....especially when you answer posts with [bold]duh. [/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2006
  11. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

Actually I said that the last part was a joke. I'm terribly sorry you took it to heart. I'll modify it, if you really want me too.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  12. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Why was this thread started.

It is pretty [bold]obvious[/bold] why the forum was started - The DS is a new(ish) console, is very popular and has sold tens of millions of units. Regardless of your opinion on it, this is a place for people to discuss the DS, mainly tech issues (but hey, who am I kidding, this is a [bold]gaming forum[/bold]... so tech issues don't often come into play...)

13. Xian

Xian Regular member

I will have to agree with oofRome, the DS appeals to different users than the PSP. My kids each got one for Christmas and have thoroughly enjoyed their DSs. I have played several of the games and having the touch control adds a whole new dimension to the kind of games that can be played and created on it that are just not possible to do on the others.

I was disappointed with the PSP myself. The screen and graphics are great, but after the initial first impression I ran into one thing I had never saw on a handheld - load times. I was used to the instant on of the Nintendo offerings and the first game I saw on the PSP took nearly a minute to load. I guess that is a result of using optical media instead of cartridges. I was also disappointed in the small game selection, 90% are just ports of games I have already played on the PS2. The DS has a larger library and can also play over 1000 Game Boy Advanced games.

Others I know swear by the PSP, so it comes down to what appeals to YOU. All of them are good if they are fun for you, and it's pointless to get into arguments over which is best, and even more pointless to complain about a forum created for people that ARE interested. If you don't want to participate, just avoid this forum.

Most of your arguments against the DS seems to be about online play. I could care less about online play. I play video games so I don't have to deal with people and really don't want social interaction in my games.Stir_Fry already answered most of the points you made the same way I would have. You can go into the local McDonalds here and see a dozen kids with DS's, they have set up a hotspot there if you want to play online. A Wireless router is about $50 these days and no special adapter will be needed for the DS. As far as broadband vs dialup goes, the gap is lessening every day. I also see people quitting on every platform. My kid was just complaining about getting to the bottom of a dungeon in World of Warcraft and people in his party quitting, leaving him stranded.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  14. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

Actually the PSP doesnt take that long to load. But if you think about it, PSP games have graphics that are a hundred times better than the DS plus it is larger in file size that is within a UMD so ofcourse it has to take a lil bit of time to load up, especially when the speed comes underclocked. Most PSP games werent even on the PS2. It is true they are ports but it is of totally different series and are a different game. If PSP games are ports then isnt all DS games ports as well???(Mario, Metriod, Pokemeon, Donkey Kong, etc). Plus the PSP have homebrews which can play all SNES and NES and GBA games.

Im not here to make fun of DS or its forum I think its great that new forums are made cuz people will benefit from it. I just had to say something when ppl are making false statements and giving incorrect facts.

Im not trying to judge which handheld is better but it is pretty obvious.

15. KoOkOo67

KoOkOo67 Guest

Wow, I' never knew PSP was capable of that.

16. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

The most obvious thing, Kahn, is how bias you are.

but what do I care?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  17. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

How is it biased when its a proven fact?

18. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

Hate ppl who dont even try to atleast come back with a counter argument to prove me wrong but instead make stupid comments that doesnt even make sense.

19. andmerr

andmerr Guest

it really does show but it also comes down to: to each there own as with opinions as well

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2006
  20. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

I'm not going to waste my time debating why opinions aren't facts, kahn.

And yet I'm the one who "makes stupid comments that don't even make sense."?

I have yet to say that there is a "better" or "superior" system, because it's all opinions. You obviously implied that the PSP was/is a "better handheld", when the FACT of the matter is that there is no "better handheld". What the PSP lacks in terms of innovation, quick load times, and battery power it makes up for in graphics, and media connectability. The same applies to the DS.
    Thus, I called your post bias. I think it makes perfect sense.