1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why was this forum started???

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by johnodd4, Jan 13, 2006.

1. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

Damn...well now that i re read my post i guess i did imply the PSP is a better handheld. Didnt realize it at the time so sorry for callin u out like that.

But u know that xian was wrong when he said PSP games were all ports which makes it not interesting even tho DS games were mostly ports as well.

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

I didn't say all were ports, I said many. A port is the same game recoded for a different system. A quick look on ebgames.com shows me:

Winning Eleven 9
    The first handheld iteration Winning Eleven is almost identical to its console companions

Katamari
    This PSP followup to 2004's most original title looks just like its PS2 counterpart

Some are different games though, Hot Shots Golf has 6 new courses. GTA is different than it's console counterpart, but many are direct ports - essentialy the same game coded for a different system.

On the Nintendo DS the games may have the same characters, such as Kirby Canvas Curse, Yoshi Touch and Go, but they are original games, nowhere near the same game as the console versions. Of course it has it's ports too, ie Mario 64 but it doesn't seem to have as many identical games as the GameCube/N64 as the PSP does with the PS2.

Again I am not advocating either system, if it's fun for you that's all that matters. My children prefer the DS and my wife and I have even got hooked on Meteos. I play with a coworker's PSP at work and while it's fun, I still prefer the DS games or even older GBA games for the gameplay. I like platformers and RPGs and haven't seen many on the PSP yet, though the upcoming Daxter looks interesting since J&D was one of my favorite PS2 games. I haven't seen a single RPG for the PSP yet other than Untold Legends which didn't interest me. The DS doesn't have many yet either, but I can still play many older GBA RPGs on that system at least.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  3. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

Since this is nintendos forum.... if u havent played yoshis island then ur missin out on what is probably the best game ever made for the snes.

4. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

Don't sweat it, man.