1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHY??Why my computer cant find server??

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by LUFFYPSP, Jan 11, 2008.

1. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

ok here's my problem...
    -i cant sign in to yahoo and windows live messenger.it gave me troubleshooting menu and i click repair and the key ports icon seemed to have that yellow triangle.tried reinstalling but no good.

-my IE and mozilla is so damnnnnmmnn slow.it took me an hour to load a page.why??and if it loads too long it'll come out with a page saying cant find server.tried reinstalling it but no good,again.

-i cant run any update; windows update,antivirus update,antispyware update,and any kind of thing related to update.it says,could not find server.damn..

-so the conclusion,why my pc cant find server??my aunt's ladtop and my cousins pc had no problems with it,even though we are on the same connection(router).and it has never occured before but why this time and why me??

the internet is connected,the limewire is good,my torrents download normally.and only skype is the only one i can sign in.

pliz,and thnxsx....and pliz dont tell me i need to reinstall my windows.i juz did that a couple of days ago.

2. jackofall

jackofall Member

reinstall windows...lol...j/k do you have connection without router connect direct to dsl?

3. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

oh lol,i fixed it yesterday.my firewall is acting too tight and it blocks my network.i uninstall it and my connections are back to normal.

when i saw you said reinstall,i was just gonna flame you until i saw the j/k thing.sory for that intention,as i really hope its not that.i really dont want to reinstall it.

thnxs for your help though.

4. jackofall

jackofall Member

good glad i could help..or uh ... not ..lol.. was thinking had something to do with firewall/network is why i asked if you could connect directly congrats on fixing the problem

5. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

thnxs for your help..what if i can or cannot connect directly anyway??

6. jackofall

jackofall Member

If you can connect directly we can start narrowing it down starting with your router if you cannot we can start by checking your nic and connections

7. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

oh cool,you looked pro in these things,i'll pm you next time i got problems with my pc.thnxsx...

8. jackofall

jackofall Member

dont know everything but do know some

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  9. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

didnt mean to oppose but man email is not allowed,remove it before the mods knows it.Instead,pm me your email.