1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why wont it play it all?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Glenn_, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Glenn_

Glenn_ Member

Hi,

I just burned the test dvd file on an plextor r/w 650 mb cd. Cd-r are unreadable at all, but this one was an exeption. The iso file worked. My question is, what should I do to get a normal mpg movie working. I tried several methods, Video-CD PAL (MPEG-1 352x288 25fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 44100Hz 224kbps) is the one I should use. What to do?
    I use tmpgenc to get it to this modification, but my dvd player still does not read it. How come?

Tnx in advance!

Glenn

2. Glenn_

Glenn_ Member

Back again. It works now!!! Only one last question :) The most movies I own have a higher frame rate than PAL does. How can I make these compatible?

3. mart

mart Member

Exactly the problem I face; what did you do to get it fixed??

Last edited: Aug 25, 2002
  4. osoroco

osoroco Member

Hi, I am having a problem with VCD's, if I burn the to CD-R's the DVD player wont read em, why does this happen? is there a way to make it possible?

5. bob_vader

bob_vader Guest

Not all dvd players can read cd-r's - mine only reads cd-rw's. goto www.vcdhelp.com , they have lists of dvdplayers and what types of disc they can read.

6. mart

mart Member

Problem solved: my CD Writer burns awfully good Audio's, but it seems to not to burn VCD's in a way DVD-players wil digest. Burnt my test-MPG's on other CD-Writer and they just work fine.
    FYI CD-Writer = MITSUMI CR48X8TE
    DVD player PIONEER DV-444-K

7. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Always try to burn with slowest possible speed when burning VCDs or SVCDs -- I've never, ever burned any VCDs faster than 4x.

8. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Thats a great point drD. I never knew that until a while back. My vcds seemed to be loosing bits of quality until I halfed my write speed. I always thought it was just the fact that it was on the cd now and not the hdd.

9. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

I never had a problem burning at 12x, all my SVCD's come out at DVD quality with no problems at all with audio.

Try using Nero and using jitter correction. I don't know that it actually does anything, but I always use it and it works great.

10. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ah ye 12x is fine. You don't loose major amounts of data at high speed but at 24x I've often had a vcd that skips a bit. Svcd's seem to work perfectly at any speed for me.

11. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

I think the method of my burning may also be key. I create the cue & bin files using DVD2SVCD. I then use daemon tools to mount those images into a virtual DVD drive, and then do a cd copy using Nero. I doubt that I would have as much luck if I were trying to use Nero to create the VCD or SVCD using only the MPEG file.. I should try it one of these days to see if it makes a difference.