1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why won't it work

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by wannabe10, Apr 4, 2004.

1. wannabe10

wannabe10 Member

i just put together my own computer and i turn it on and it keeps saying that there is a disk failure and when i try to use a boot disk nothing new comes up any suggestions?

2. brian100

brian100 Guest

I had a similar problem to yours. I decided to make my pc out of chocolate. I felt pekish half way through the job & ate my motherboard. No matter how hard I tried, i simply couldnt get the thing to boot after that. Totally infuriating !!!

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

My sugestion is dont post questions like that here. they will not be answered. Go to All other topics section as this is an other topic type question.

4. drchips

drchips Active member

BRILLIANT!!!

LOL @ Brian, that is one to remember ;)

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I thought that would be a good suggestions.

Brian, you have any of that computer left? I am feeling quite hungry now.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Thread teleported.

Can/have you tried the disc on another computer? Tried switching the IDE cable? IS there an IDE cable?

7. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Now in a good place.

Wannabe 10 did you install a Floppy drive on the system?
    If so can you acess the a program or file from the Floppy, try the Win98 install or boot disc. IF so then you have the cable correct orientation and probally on the right pins on the mother board. IF you don't get a working floppy, then its in the wrong set of pins on the mother board or the IDE cables are backwards. Try this and let me know.