1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Wont my VGA To Tv Conector work Right?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jnbean, Jun 21, 2007.

1. jnbean

jnbean Member

I Had bought a cheep Vga to TV Connector, VERY similar tho this one http://cgi.ebay.com/VGA-to-TV-Conve...2QQihZ015QQcategoryZ31531QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem used to make my TV work as my Computer monitor. My Video card is supports TV-OUT. Here is what happens I hook it all up to my tv, BTW i use the RCA port NOT the S-Video and all that shows up on my tv is a bunch of lines, i see the picture but barely....the picture is all mess up with lines. I checked the connections, Changed the cord, changed to video cards that i have no clue that support tv-out, changed the tv...but nothing seems to work...just wondering if there might me a setting i have to change to get it working right...if so what setting and how do i change it. Im running Windows XP PRO.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Is your graphics card set to use the right TV standard in the control panel? (NTSC for US, PAL for UK) Whether or not your PC supports TV out doesn't seem to be relevant, that adapter works off your VGA connector. Make sure you get the resolution and refresh rate right for the TV.

3. jnbean

jnbean Member

ok, how do i find out if my graphics card is set to the right tv standard in the control panel? and i was reading about that NTSC and PAL thing...somone else was telling me it was a jumper on my card (btw i have one of them cards that are built into the motherboard) and i tried all of my resolutions and still all i see if diffrent patterns of lines.....also id like to mention that the picture is in black and white.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

If it's black and white you definitely have the wrong mode. Open your graphics control panel (Catalyst control center if ATi) and look for TV options.

5. jnbean

jnbean Member

I try to look for some setting relating to a tv but i cant seem to find one....any idea on where i can find a way to this setting?

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Which graphics card do you use?

7. jnbean

jnbean Member

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

With such a limited chipset I'm not entirely sure how to proceed. Suffice to say if you don't have a physical TV out connector on your board, try pressing F8 before windows starts loading, and selecting 'VGA mode'. If that still doesn't work, I think you may need to upgrade to a dedicated graphics card that supports TV out properly.