1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why won't people just get AnyDvd?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by taylor30, Sep 1, 2006.

1. taylor30

taylor30 Regular member

I honestly don't see why people won't get AnyDVD. It will be the best money you have ever spent Guarnteed! I am able to backup just about any movie with it. And, I don't need all these other tools like Fix VTS,VOB Blanker,etc. Isn't life hard enough already?

AnyDvd (latest version) in backround. Dvd Shrink to rip and shrink it. ImgBurn to burn. What could be easier?

2. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Some might argue the DVDFAB decrypter is better, and FREE! Frankly, I've never used either for their intended purpose, but I found (thx to the folks at Videohelp.com) that DVDFAB Decrypter also happens to make a good data-recovery tool in certain circumstances because it doesn't give up after the first little CRC error.

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Mate people would get it if its free just because they don't have to spend the money and get the program and would rather use all the freeware programs that do the same job but take a longer time. I did that in the past then did not have the time to spare anymore so I just use AnyDVD with DVD Shrink and CloneDVD 2 and DVD Fab Decrypter Express.

It Depends on the person.

4. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

One other thing to consider: AnyDVD requires a credit card to buy. In case this is news to you, everything you buy with a credit card is sold to marketers, unless you dead-end your account (and sometimes even if you do, and some credit card companies do not allow you to opt-out of data sharing to begin with). Which means it's perfectly possible for anyone, including the RIAA, to find out what you're buying.

Some folks here have suggested using a pre-paid card. That might work, but most people probably don't know about those. In any case, until the Slysoft folks get some brains and allow some form of anonymous payment, a lot of people won't buy from them.

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Also consider the alternatives, like Ripit4me, a great program which can cut out some bad cells by using FixVTS, which AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 don't have.

6. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

anydvd ripper has fixvts incorporated in it, the problem is that anydvd uses old version of fixvts. that's why i prefer ripit4me, which always uses the latest fixvts. now, if you are to use a " on the fly" decrypter, there is nothing like anydvd. since i only work from the hard drive by ripping first, i always use ripit4me or fabdecrypter.

7. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

yeah dudes . read the sig!

if your frustrated just get those two and your probelms will be gone!
    i have been using them for over a year now. btw DVD shrink is vey good too, same with decrtpoter they are next in line on my list!

8. tjedwards

tjedwards Regular member

rip with dvdfab-
    run through vobBlanker-
    shrink-
    burn with imgburn-
    DONE! have had 100% success(except for the occasional bad disc)
    just haven't needed anydvd.

9. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I will get AnyDVD w/ Clone, the next time they have a discount available.

AnyDVD is good, but lately I've been using DVDFab Decrypter w/ much success.

10. ireland

ireland Active member

Dunker
    I DISAGREE WITH YOU,ON THE CREDIT CARD BEING

sold to marketers from slysoft.. i know quite a ton of users who bought from slysoft and my self..my credit card was never in jeopardy..
    until you have writen proof..i would not make that statement here..

note i been using clonedvd and anydvd since day one.

11. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

I am with you Ireland,
    I've been with Slysoft a long time too. I still have the same credit card that I used to purchase AnyDVD & CloneDVD 2. I have never seen any suspicious activity regarding the account. I trust Slysoft and see no reason for anyone not to do the same.
    As far as the thread title:
    If people don't want to pay the very fair prices Slysoft charges for the [bold]Best software of it's kind anywhere[/bold] it can only be because they either love the time consuming challenges of freeware, or they are just not willing to spend money. Speaking for myself, it has been the Best Money I ever spent on software. Period.
    My 2 cents for what it's worth.
    BTW, I have used all the freeware before. Shrink, Decrypter, etc. and though they were good, they will never match the Slysoft products. Especially with all the new encryptions these days.
    I have said it before, I will say it again:

12. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Can you imagine the fall-out if credit card companies compromised their user's purchase history to anyone? I mean it tool a long court fight to get the Federal Government to pry out criminal interest's use of off shore credit card information, the average consumer has no need to worry about marketeers getting ahold of this. I've bought from Elby/Slysoft and have had no problems at all.

13. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Yes, and if you paid attention to your contract or the annual privacy opt-out forms your credit card company sends out, you'd know this. Banks sell private info and records of what you buy, for lots of reasons. Or did you think repo men were just psychic? BTW, here's some info:
    http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/bank/19991008.asp

Of course, accidents happen with information too, such as 40 million Citicard transactions stolen in 2005 because a subcontractor had JUST THE INFO I'M TALKING ABOUT. The info was supposed to be destroyed (at lesat partially) after the transaction. But information tends to hang around.

http://www.creditrepaircombat.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=15

Bottom line is, if you buy anything from Slysoft, your credit card statement will say, "SLYSOFT.COM // MALLOW CORK." (according to their website.) A quick Google will show exactly who you are doing business with.

My own experience-
    When I first got a credit card, years ago, I didn't use it for about the first year. I pay cash for everything. Then I had to do some gift-buying, and it was all I had. I was a poor college student who worked sometimes and was waiting for my next paycheck, so I had to make some purchases on credit. High-end, stupid sh!t stores like Sharper Image that I wouldn't be caught dead in if it wasn't because I had to buy a gift for someone else. So I bought the gifts and gave my twin brothers their birthday gifts.
    About two months later, I started getting catalogs for all sorts of similarly high-end, bull---- stores like Hammacher-Schlemmer. Ads for golf clubs (I hate golf), and even a big, thick wine catalog (I'd rather drink my own piss than wine, and I'm not joking one bit when I say that.)
    It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why I got those catalogs. I contacted my CC company and asked them about it. I had actually thought THEY sent that stuff to me. While they did not give me any specifics, they did say that they "partner with third-party direct marketing services". That's when I found out about dead-ending and did so with my account.

Now, with respect to Slysoft the fact that it shows up on your credit card, and that that information is available to marketers may not bother you, and may not necessarily indicate you are doing something illegal - after all, Slysoft sells legitimate products. But why flag yourself if you don't have to?

14. ireland

ireland Active member

Dunker

i do not know what credit card you have...it sounds like ye should dump them.

i will not say the name of mine as i used there card near 18 years.
    as of today i have no advertisement sented in the mail of any kind..because of them.

in fact we have three accounts with them.because of there privacy policy..

one i use for the net with a credit line of $300.00 and my name is coded.
    in case of fraud..and the payment can be blocked.with one phone call.24/7
    and the other two a credit line of $000,000

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  15. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

Ireland,
    I have already posted MY response to this thread and the credit card issues with Dunker. If Dunker does not want to buy Slysoft Products due to paranoia over the credit card issue. Or whatever reason.
    That is indeed Dunker's decision, I respect anyone's decision. I will say that Slysoft does have the Best Software of it's kind, stays updated,and I trust them to keep all persons that buy from them in a private manner.I have not encountered a movie I could not back up easily since AnyDVD & CloneDVD 2. I can't say that with the Freeware I have used before.
    One thing, I find it very hard to believe that "junk mail" entirely comes from the Credit Card Company selling your address.[bold] Why? Because I have always got junk mail. Before I ever got a credit card.[/bold] If I ever found out my credit card really did do this, I would not only dump them, I would report them to proper agencies.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  16. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

It is kinda funny that the name used on my junk mail does not match the name on my credit card bills, coincidence? I think not. The only time I ever use my full name is on my credit cards, and the only mail I see my full name on is....credit card bills, correspondance, and from the DMV.

17. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

bunnyrip wrote:
    Who ever said ALL junk mail comes from credit cards? Stop making stuff up here. Funny, I don't remember writing that. And, pray tell, where did I state that JUNK MAIL ONLY STARTS WHEN YOU GET A CREDIT CARD? I think the problem is that you, for some reason, don't realize that credit card companies are but one of many contributors to mailing lists, junk mail, and other info that is bought and sold.

But credit card companies sell your name, address, purchase records, etc. just like most other businesses do, especially mail-order businesses. There is no restriction on that - most people don't even realize it. Then again, most people probably don't realize grocery store "savings cards" are used for similar purposes. Few people read the fine print, and fewer would comprehend it even if they did.

Oddly enough, my situation is the opposite of BlivetNC: My credit card company is about the only company that spells my name right. And I could often tell who put me on what mailing list.

Junk mail is no longer a problem, BTW, because I spent an hour and went through most of the opt-outs offered by Junkbusters.com. You obviously cannot opt-out of credit-reporting, but you can opt-out of the sale of your name, address, interests, consumer preferences, etc. Incidentally, the only company that gave me any trouble was Experian, a Credit Reporting Agency. Acxiom, Choicepoint, Equifax, Abacus/Doubleclick, etc. - honored my requests.

18. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Dunker, please reread my post, I shorten my name when I sign up for something, order something or subscribe to magazines, the only time I use my full name is on official correspondence..like credit cards, DMV, and voter registration, All my junk mail has my shorter version of my name.

19. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

You said, "It is kinda funny that the name used on my junk mail does not match the name on my credit card bills, coincidence? I think not." I said that, contrary to your comments, MINE DO! Contrary to your situation, most junk mailers screwed up my name EXCEPT the ones obviously coming off data provided by my credit card company. (There are numerous variations on my name, my handwriting sucks, and I fib about my real name when signing up for some promos, so the odds that any junk mailer who spelled my name right obtained info from anybody BUT my CC company is pretty slim.) Coindidence? I think not!

Of course, the main thrust of my argument was that my CC company flat out admitted they partner with direct marketers when I asked them, and I've learned that most credit card companies and retailers do. If yours doesn't, you are more likely the exception, not the rule.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  20. oneacer

oneacer Regular member

Getting back on track here, I for one have not had a need for ANYDVD at this time. I use Shrink w/Decrypter autoburn. Once in awhile a new one requires DVDFab Decrypter first. Maybe down the road if I find a need I'll check it out. I know a lot of people here use it.