1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why won't the bloody thing work?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by coling73, May 27, 2007.

1. coling73

coling73 Member

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me. I got a Nokia D Box about a year ago and I've had no problems, could get pretty much every channel going. A couple of days ago, it started freezing, turned it off for a while - now all I can get are the equivalent to free-view - no movies, no sports and I'm going crazy! Can anyone shed any light on this for me and tell me how it can be fixed??

2. abbey786

abbey786 Member

i think virgin media made some changes over the last few days, this has caused most of the old dodgy pace boxes to stop working.

if yours is a dbox 2 change the softcam to a different cam.

like change it to evocamd, then restart the box.after that go to one of the sky channels and wait until you get the picture. the you can change it back to newcam or mgcam.

3. coling73

coling73 Member

4. coling73

coling73 Member

Hi Abbey. What menu do I need to go into to do that? I've been messing around and went into Services, Selected Evocamd and it said, inactive EMU's, No EMU's installed?!?!!

I'm at a loss. I can get some channels, but the others, like Living, some sports etc I can't get. There is a small yellow key in the bottom right hand corner of the screen - do you know what that is, or anyone??

Cheers.

5. abbey786

abbey786 Member

easiest way would be to install a new image.

i need to know what image you have on your dbox to be able to tell you what to do

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  6. coling73

coling73 Member

Commando? That's what comes up when I first switch it on.

Thanks Abbey.

7. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

You could try a rescan mate
    Blue button on remote
    Net id settings
    Scroll to your location and push ok Box will then reboot and your correct scanning location and settings will be inputted
    ,,,,,,,,,Lets know ......Paul