1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why would this happen

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Deadrum33, Jul 21, 2006.

  1. Deadrum33

    Deadrum33 Active member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2005
    Messages:
    1,930
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    66
    I rented a movie from a company similar to oh lets say Netlix and it's an older movie but I thought it was strange that the disc had some company similar to oh lets say Netlix logo included in the disc artwork. Thought it strange a 1986 movie would have a company similar to oh lets say Netlix on the disc. I ran it through DVD Identifier, turrned on DVD Decrypter, Nero tools, and the only info i get on this disc is

    Nero InfoTool 3.02

    Disc Information (D:\)
    -------------------
    Type : - no disc inserted -


    Disc Information (E:\)
    -------------------
    Type : DVD Video
    Capacity : 4.10 GB
    Layers : 1
    Version : 1
    Disc Size : 12 cm
    Video Format : NTSC 4:3 (Mpeg 2, 720x480)
    Region(s) : All
    Play Time : 91 minutes (01:31:06)

    File System : ISO9660, UDF
    Title : edited
    Date : 12 January 1999
    Publisher : ANCHOR_BAY_ENTERTAINMENT
    Application : n/a


    DVD Identifyer said invalid disc and Decrypter said DVD-ROM but
    No other ID at all. Any thoughts?
     
  2. hermes_vb

    hermes_vb Regular member

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2005
    Messages:
    436
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    What are you trying to accomplish here? As far as I know, the movie you rented is pressed media, and the tools you mentioned work with oh lets say [bold]recordable[/bold] DVD media.
     
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2006
  3. Deadrum33

    Deadrum33 Active member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2005
    Messages:
    1,930
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    66
    I was not sure what the deal was because I am not used to seeing rental companies name on said discs.
    Thank you in your oh so subtle ways in saying a pressed disc cant be read by DVD Identifier, that was something I did not know. I might try using that program with some

     

Share This Page