1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. yum15

yum15 Member

Ok. I try to use winavi converter to convert my avi's to vob so I can burn them as a dvd with nero. When I do this nero gives me some error because there is some file missing, or some track like 00 or something. I have tried many movies and it asks me if I would like to burn anyway, once I selected yes and the dvd player didnt play it. Why is this file missing. And what is the quickest way to burn avi's to a dvd? Is there one program that will convert it correctly where I can just burn it?

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

3. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Have a look around this site http://www.vso-software.fr/

If you want to go free, they have a free conversion tool,

I use it in combination with Shrink/Nero to burn.

regards gringle.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2005
  4. yum15

yum15 Member

Thanks to both of you. But gringle I have downloaded divx to dvd and it converts it right for me to burn it with Nero but is there a way to make chapters for my movie? Like b4 I convert it to vob files or after I convet it?

5. yum15

yum15 Member

bump

6. yum15

yum15 Member

How would I make chapters on a movie after it has already been converted to vob

7. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

yeah thats the thing, you cant create menus or chapters using vso divxtodvd because it converts straight to vob rather than mpeg-2. you could try converting those vob files back to mpeg(a few progs claim to be able to do this), but what a waste of time that would be. id just use a converter that encodes to a mpeg-2 file rather than converting directly to vob. main concept, tmpgenc, canopus procoder and cce(among others) will do this, you'll get a 14day free trail period with tmpgenc plus, you can encode to mpeg2(svcd/dvd) during that period after which time you'll have to buy the program(mpeg-1 encoding will remain free), the other encoders may have similar trail periods but im not sure.

8. yum15

yum15 Member

OK these will convert to mpeg2 which is svcd correct? Well can I burn svcd directly to dvd with nero?

9. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

no, svcd and dvd both use mpeg-2 compression but with different resolutions(svcd= 480x480/576 dvd= 720x480/576).

tmpgenc will give you a 14day trail to convert to either svcd or dvd, as i said i dont know about the other encoders.

10. yum15

yum15 Member

k thnx

11. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

no worries