1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Widescreen dvd questions

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by G-Dizzle, Jan 24, 2007.

1. G-Dizzle

G-Dizzle Regular member

I just bought A widescreen 32' tv.

However, I have a problem. Some of my discs that are widescreen leave a slight black bar at the bottom and top, others leave gaping bars at the top and bottom.

Is there a way to fix this? If I zoom on the vcr the picture gets to big and the quality of the picture gets worse.

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

Is there a Aspect button on your remote?

16x9 Standard, 16x9 Zoomed, 16x9 Extra Zoomed, 4x3 standard, 4x3 Zoomed, and 4x3 Extra Zoomed are what I have on my TV.

16x9 Standard is what I normally use for widescreen and I have no bars, but a select few movies will where I can use the zoomed feature, but mine doesn't lose quality, just some of the picture.

Some movies also have different widescreen specification, maybe your TV can't recognize the difference.

1.85:1 or 2.35:1 maybe more, but I think 2.35:1 is the true Widescreen maybe the movies you are viewing are in 1.85:1 or vis versa. Hopefully that help, I think i confused myself.