1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Widescreen on Standard

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Ason12, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Ason12

Ason12 Guest

I have a Samsung TX-R2765 and I have a DVD that plays in Widescreen and the TV is playing it in Widescreen except the TV isn't widescreen, so it goes and cuts off the edges, which I find vitally important to what I am watching. Is there anything I can do?

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Doesn't the DVD player's menu give you the choice? So too, what about the TVs menu for whatever input your DVD is connected to?

3. Ason12

Ason12 Guest

The TV, nor the DVD menu give an option, the TV lets you go Wide, Normal, Zoom x1, Zoom x2, and Zoom x4. The wide still cuts off most of the picture.

4. byngo

byngo Regular member

When I had a 4:3 telly all widscreen dvd's would display with black bars top and bottom. I hated watching a movie like I was looking through a letter box. i would always Zoom to stretch it. However whether you Zoom or don't zoom you are gonna miss some of the picture if the tv is not in the same aspect ratio.

You need to buy a widescreen telly to make you happy.

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ason ... what is the make and model of your DVD player? Something doesn't make sense here.

6. Ason12

Ason12 Guest

I have a Coby DVD-224 as my DVD player

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I'm going to see if I can find the manual online somewhere. Its audio capabilities are a bit limited, perhaps the video is rather limited too but a choice between standard and widescreen is a pretty damned basic function and it seems your player has all the standard video menus right down to multiple viewing angles. I can't believe it doesn't have a choice of screen formats. I'll try to see what I can find out.