1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wierd amber light on eject button while playing games...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by hiredgoon, Apr 19, 2004.

1. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

When playing on my modded xbox with a stock hdd, sometimes the xbox eject button turns amber and stays that colour. The xbox will run fine and plays the game with no difference but i am just wondering what the amber light means ? Whats a good tempature for the xbox cpu ? mine somtimes gets up to 122 degrees F , could this be a heat problem with the light?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

mine runs at 130 degrees no problem, maybe it has something to do with the bios you used?

3. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

Not sure, the xbox works fine , just scary to see that amber light .

4. 0takux

0takux Guest

when i use config magic.. it turns the eject light amber... could be just something in the code of the game or app to turn the eject light amber?!?

5. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

That could be the answer , but i am still not clear on what application or whatever running, is causing it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2004
  6. bumrush

bumrush Member

if the x2/evo-x/anything else bios loaded (liek if u started the xbox w/o a real disk in the drive) then it can turn the light orange if its programmed in the bios. the bios u downloaded may have that set as default... mine does the same.. it lets me know the bios has been loaded. u can use a bios tool (xbtool) to make the changes to stuff like that and set it so its still green when the bios loads.