1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wierd One. Burned cdr won't play in my cd player?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by theness, Jan 20, 2006.

1. theness

theness Member

I have just burned several different music cd'swith Windows Media Player 10 and ALL do not play in my hi-fi's cd player, which , after several years and 100's of burns,is the FIRST time!! when the cd is inserted it shows the total time and no. of tracks but when play is pressed, nothing happens (*see below though) and it stays on track 1 and showing 'play' but not doing it.
    I've tried several different makes of cdr (usually use Ritek printablesx48 speed.
    I've rolled back wmp10 to wmp9.
    Reloaded wmp10 from a different copy of the s/ware.
    I've used Nero.
    I've used Copytodvd.
    ALL HAVE MADE NO DIFFERENCE.
    The odd thing is that the discs play in a couple of portable cd players, but NOT in the car.
    I also noticed that if I pressed 'play' and left the player running, the disc would start to play after a silence of about 40 seconds!! and would continue to play thru the disc to the end, but if I tried to skip to another track it would not play.
    I copied a Sony labelled disc to the pc and then burned a backup of it a couple of weeks ago and thought that I might have got the 'ROOTKIT' bug from this. However, I downloaded the removal prog and it showed that the bug was not on my PC.
    Grateful for anyone's help out there, surely someone must have had this happen before?!
    Diolch
    Ness

2. J_Tran

J_Tran Member

Hey! I have almost the same problem, I have burnt CDs they can play on my CD player (probably around 13 year old player) but I can't change songs. But it works perfectly for real CDs. Another thing is that I have a CD... Confessions by Usher, which is real and have a couple minor scratches. But when I put it in, like the poster above, it shows the time of the album and how many songs there are, but when I press play. Yup, it won't play. If you help him out, you can also help me out! Thanks.