1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wifi max problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Lgilmour, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Lgilmour

Lgilmour Member

i know not many peeps go into the wii forum, and well it is basically a computer problem, i just cant get my wii to connect with this wifi max.

3. February 2007 @ 06:28 Link to this message
    i know theres been lots of threads, but ive tried following some of it and it just aint working.and whats really annoying me is, i had it working as soon as i got it, for a gd week or two, then my computer well turned off.(i never turn my computer off) and since then i cant get it working. the status of the wifi dongle is currently "acquiring network address" and basically not doing anything at all! i have tried sharing my local area connection 3(which is my USB cable modemNDIS5) with my wireless connection. and ive allowed my wirelss to share with other connections! basically, all im getting on my taskbar on the bottom right, is a light great computer screen with a light grey cross next to it, and when i scroll over it, it says "local area connection 4-a network cable is unplugged"-even though i dont use that connection? and my wireless zd lan tool is set on access point mode. and my bridge adapter is set to my usb cable modem! i have been at this for HOURS and its doing my head in completely, and i know when i have had pc problems in the past, you guys have helped me successfully every single time. even for just the likes of installing new graphics cards, and recommending things and such! please help guys! would be most appreciated! and one day i will return the favour.( when im abit more knowledgable) cheers.

Lewis!

--------------------------
    but,now ive made slight progression, it says my wireless is connected, and the signal is excellent. but then when i try and find it on my wii, it finds the dongle yeah, but wont connect! and with my cable modem, i have tried sharing it with my wireless network. and the wii still will not connect! please help!

cheers. lewis.

2. Lgilmour

Lgilmour Member

please anyone, its saying its connected and has signal but the wii cant find it!