1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wifi problems.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by deiseman, Jul 2, 2014.

1. deiseman

deiseman Member

I am experiencing wifi problems on my compaq windows 7 laptop.wifi connects to phone but not laptop .it connects to laptop for minute then shows limited connection .is there any software I can get free to use to fix this.a computer guy said its the driver s and wanted to charge me loads

2. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

Hey, I didn't quite get it. Are you trying to connect your Compaq laptop to the iPhone which acts as a WiFi hotspot?

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i've had similar problems with desktop pc.1 way that fixed it was going to network & sharing, adapters and deleting the wifi then going to connect to network finding it & connecting to wifi using wifi password and all seems fine (Just make sure you have the password before trying it).
    drivers are free & tech guys charge a fortune and make things sound complicated,most the stuff you can do yourself if you have the time and a bit of knowledge (sites like afterdawn will give you the knowledge).

4. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

There could also be something wrong on the iPhone side. Did you try some general troubleshooting on the iPhone (i.e. cold-resetting the device)?

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

hanoobal, phone works, laptop does not.