1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will 3.0 erease all traces of 2.2.1 JailBreak?

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by IM1, Jun 15, 2009.

1. IM1

IM1 Regular member

I have a iPhone 3G on FW 2.2.1 (JailBroken), I wanted to know when I upgrade via iTunes on the 17th July will all traces of my jail break be ereased?

2. smudger24

smudger24 Regular member

I would like to know the above info too.

Do we need to restore the iphone first before upgrading to version 3.0?
    Should we wait until a new version of jailbreak for version 3.0 is created before updating?

Please advise.

3. djeazyg

djeazyg Member

I've downloaded the update but I won't install it until i find out the same info. I have restored my iPhone but I’m still leery whether or not I can update it.

4. newcloud

newcloud Regular member

i cant download it it keeps asking me to connect to the internet when i am

5. guessswho

guessswho Active member

yes, it will erase all information on your phone. Regardless if you go to stock 3.0 or jailbroken 3.0.

Here is an article about updating to 3.0

http://www.stateofthesceneaddress.com/2009/06/jailbreak-your-iphone-3g-with-3-0-firmware/

and here is the actual tutorial for doing it:

http://www.stateofthesceneaddress.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Jailbreak_the_iPhone

What you just need to do is sync your phone so you have a backup of all your contacts and everything.

You will lose all your apps from apple and jailbroken. But once you jailbreak, you can re sync your phone and get your apps back on, and all your contacts.

As for the jailbroken apps, you just have to download them again.

6. karlroby

karlroby Regular member

Is the 3.0 OS unlockable now so it can be used with any simcard?...Ive had a look around the net and im not sure if it is available with the ultrasn0w yet?

Cheers guys

7. johncchc

johncchc Regular member

ultra snow is out already.

8. karlroby

karlroby Regular member

Im going to be upgrading my iphone 3g to OS 3.0, would ultrasn0w work for unlocking the phone for use with a 3rd party sim regardless of baseband?

Im a bit confused with the baseband thing and i cant find any real info on this

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  9. guessswho

guessswho Active member

you can upgrade to 3.0, and then jailbreak it, and then unlock it. It will work fine.

10. karlroby

karlroby Regular member

Thanks for your help :)

11. iam1

iam1 Member

Hello People,

I was just doing a little reading on here, and thought that I would put some information in to help others, by explaining what I have been doing with my 2nd gen iphone.

I am like a lot of people out there, who love to mess and diddle about with phones/gadgets and when the opportunity came up for me to buy a second hand iphone of someone, I jumped at the chance.

I bought the iphone, and was very impressed with the overall features of the phone, but I soon wanted to find out about all the usual stuff that peeps do to their phones, regarding jailbreaking/unlocking the iphone, I have been reading some of the latest information regarding the iphones, there are literally hundreds of references to all that is iphone on the internet, I soon became hooked on wanting to jailbreak my iphone, not so much bothered about unlocking, because mine is already locked to o2, so that was not a problem, so I began to realise that with there being so many peeps and references about tricks and easy ways to jailbreak your iphone, I made the decision to use iclarified, in my own judgement, their site is really good and very easy to use, and the site, has so much information and you can get everything that you need from just one source, I have tried to jailbreak doing quite as few of the ones that claim work, but they did not with me, the best one by far, for my particular useage was Redsnow version 0.8. I have successfully, jailbroke my iphone three or four times, but I did notice at the beginning of this thread, that people are worried that when they update the firmware, will they lose their JAILBREAK/UNLOCK. Then answer is YES, when you restore your iphone, if you are experiencing problems IT will always update the iphone, and will adjust your carrier settings as standard.

I am not going to jailbreak my iphone again for a little while, for some strange reason, I did successfully jailbreak it and had Cydia, and Icy installed and was able to do so much more, but people could not get hold of me, when they tried ringing my number, I did not exactly know why, and when my iphone got stuck on the apple logo loading screen, I realised that I was going to restire it, but not Jailbreak it again.

Just to help some other people out.

Thanks for reading