1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will a starview box work on a sky satellite dish

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by killalot, Jun 24, 2007.

1. killalot

killalot Active member

Will a starview box work on a sky satellite dish I have asked and some lad can’t remember his name cheers if he is reading this
    Said you can get a starview satellite so if I get the satellite starview and connect it to my sky dish and put in the codes etc will it work got ntl were I live but if I get the cable starview box means having to ring them up a get the line switched on plus re routing cables half round the house my dad hasn’t got ntl so he’s interested if it works on the sky dish

2. klck2000

klck2000 Member

i do not think if you do not have even basic N*L that it wobnt work.there would be no point in using sky and the starview at the same time anyway.you could try plug pipe into your starview instead of the skybox, and use a splitter

3. killalot

killalot Active member

I wasn’t going to use sky and starview at the same time just need to know if it works on the satellite dish I was going to cancel sky if it does or if it does work on the dish keep just the basic package with sky i.e. does starview unscramble sky TV through the dish or does it only work with cable need to know before I go and buy one

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

starview is cable only its impossible to get them to work with a sky dish.totally different system.

5. killalot

killalot Active member

Cheers that’s all I needed to know get the cable one now

6. steo46

steo46 Regular member

You cannot get any set top box that unscrambles the sly satellite signal.