1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will be have both or one?

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by rihgt682, Oct 29, 2005.

1. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Do you guys think we will have both blu-ray and hd-dvds?
    Meaning useing both players in the future. Cause i think we will use only one of them. Just like beta and vhs. I just want to here some opinion.

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yes we will have both. Manufacuters like Samsung are already finalizing plans for BD/HD-DVD players.

Ced

3. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

So movies will come out bul-ray and Hd-dvd.

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

What do you mean? Each format has thier own backers in Hollywood. Paramount and I think Warner have announced plans to release movies on both formats while all the others are exclusive to BD or HD-DVD.

BD/HD-DVD Faq:
    http://www.bitburners.com/High_Definition_DVD_FAQ/

Ced

5. gamename

gamename Regular member

ive actually heard that there is a new disc comming from china that holds 20+ gigs. it would be nice if someone would make software to rip bd and burn to these. lets face it, the disc from china (and the format) will be alot cheaper. plus, all ive read about bd and bd players, they will have protection and encryption out the -ss.

6. dz50

dz50 Guest

hey
    i was just wondering if we will be able to play regular dvds on HDDVD players or blueray players? also, how long do you think it will be until studios stop releasing movies on DVD's like they did with the VHS?

7. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yes I'm sure DVDs will play on HD-DVD and BD players.

Movies are still released on VHS. They are just limited releases. Blockbuster and MediaPlay still have them for sale.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2005